LiftGate Glass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the E/S/T/Y being one of the last full size SUVS with separate glass and full lift gate glass openings I has a question. Make a note that even my compact SUV/CUV 2021 Ford Escape had separate glass and full lift gate openings but that’s another thread.

Obviously most of the US is in the “HotBox”. Of course some regions in the hotter part of the oven,….AZ/SOCAL/NM/OK/TX anyone/

I wa wondering………do most people just open the full lift gate to avoid touching the glass?

If not has anyone thought of putting a plastic button to help with contact…..basically lift the glass with a type of…”Pull Handle”. To avoid contact with the hot glass? I am not talking to open the glass latch I am meaning something to help actually lift the glass?

Yes I get…Soccer Moms with kids and full shopping bags easier to just open the fill lift gate but lets say a gallon of milk and other empty han…..100F outside which probably means glass temperature is about 100-120F….have organizer on other side inside but don’t want to open entire lift gate…….low hung garage or low shopping mark ceilings…….Does everyone just cuck it up snd lift the glass from underneath or lift entire gate…..Let’s assume for this example that there is no 3/4 or FULL opening option on the liftgate and you don’t want to scratch the lift gate body on a low garage…..

Ant thoughts or am I the only one that needs to get more involved with community projects?….You maybe right on that subject but forget about that for a few minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14