Lifter Failure 2021 Tahoe 16,000 miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe_RST_2021

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It is funny that Onstar Notifications emails me if my tire pressure is low or my oil life is 30 % but did not let me know my lifters would fail at 16,000 miles and leave my wife and daughters stranded.

I will say that Pete Moore Chevrolet in Pensacola, FL did replace the lifters under warranty with no charge to me within 4 days. I just hope the new lifters last more than 16,000 miles.

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is funny that Onstar Notifications emails me if my tire pressure is low or my oil life is 30 % but did not let me know my lifters would fail at 16,000 miles and leave my wife and daughters stranded.

I will say that Pete Moore Chevrolet in Pensacola, FL did replace the lifters under warranty with no charge to me within 4 days. I just hope the new lifters last more than 16,000 miles.
That’s not good. I hope that doesn’t happen to me but it sounds like it’s a good possibility someday.

Just curious…did they replace all of the lifters or just one side? There’s some other posts on here where after 8,000 miles they replace only one side then it does the same thing after another 500-1,000 miles.

Also, do you know the build date on it? The month/year should be listed on a decal inside the driver’s door jam.

OP
OP
T

Tahoe_RST_2021

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That’s not good. I hope that doesn’t happen to me but it sounds like it’s a good possibility someday.

Just curious…did they replace all of the lifters or just one side? There’s some other posts on here where after 8,000 miles they replace only one side then it does the same thing after another 500-1,000 miles.

Also, do you know the build date on it? The month/year should be listed on a decal inside the driver’s door jam.
Pete Moore Chevrolet did replace all 8 lifters, cases, and a bent push rod.

The build date was Oct. 2020 and we purchased it Oct. 30, 2020.

KitchenMaven

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Curious how those new lifters are doing? The dealership near me replaced them and then they failed within 100 miles!...so it's STILL in the dealership. I read them the riot act about what evidence I needed that "oh, bad batch sent to us" , "Oh, new batch being sent to us" not "I was right that the engine is bad..." This problem is WIDESPREAD! Lemon Law about to be engaged!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz