Lift gate LED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tadallic

Reaction score
i picked up a few eagle eye led lights...want to put them in the lift gate....
I wanted to use the power from the power outlet in the rear..... power outlet is 120v and the lights are 12v ..... need to find a relay? Or a step down ? Any help is appreciated....

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i picked up a few eagle eye led lights...want to put them in the lift gate....
I wanted to use the power from the power outlet in the rear..... power outlet is 120v and the lights are 12v ..... need to find a relay? Or a step down ? Any help is appreciated....
What model?
I tapped into the open feed on the left side fuse box in the rear of my 16. Added the switch above it for easy access from the rear too.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about tapping into the dome/cargo light so they come on when you open the hatch? You could put a flush-mount switch in the panel to turn them off if you don't want them to be on with the hatch open.

I'm sure there are plenty of 12V sources back there if you want a constant or even a switched source.

OP
OP
tadallic

tadallic

Reaction score
I did this mod with eagle eyes . Tapped into rear dome light . Working great no issues 3+ years.
View attachment 230912 View attachment 230913 View attachment 230914
What about tapping into the dome/cargo light so they come on when you open the hatch? You could put a flush-mount switch in the panel to turn them off if you don't want them to be on with the hatch open.

I'm sure there are plenty of 12V sources back there if you want a constant or even a switched source.

Got it done.... dome light was the way to go... thanx guys

8A35308F-8D9E-4D37-8A68-16A985BB4D28.jpeg