leveling with suspension max 2.5in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1denali5

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey all i am leveling my tahoe premier with a suspension **** 2.5in front level kit is it necessary to also raise the rear i see most people do both was wondering if anyone has done 2.5in in the front and left the rear alone

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would advise not to tamper with the front because it is aerodynamic from the factory. GM uses a air tunnel to make it right and to get the best mpg as well. You may experience wind noise and also you may have squeaks also you may worsen the ride control. You could try parking the truck at an angle than disconnect the battery and than reconnect it. This may trick the computer to think it's level. There is a member on this forum who is a real gmt-900 & k2xx junkie that owns both truck and he sells parts at a great price. I think his name is norcaleaky. He is awesome and knows what he is doing.

Jplasse

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No reason you cant but will end up being higher than rear. Believe you have the Z95 Magnaride suspension package... I went 2" front and left rear alone. Sits level, installed the sensor relocation brackets, and re-calibrated the suspension control module with an Autel Maxisys.

DPPWDER

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2017 Premier with magnaride and installed a SuspensionMaxx front leveling kit. I did 2" up front and didn't touch the back. Made it nice and even front to back, allowed me to fit 33" tires.

OP
OP
1denali5

1denali5

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2017 Premier with magnaride and installed a SuspensionMaxx front leveling kit. I did 2" up front and didn't touch the back. Made it nice and even front to back, allowed me to fit 33" tires.
Thank you! Are you experiencing more wind noise or a more rough ride

DPPWDER

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you! Are you experiencing more wind noise or a more rough ride
Mileage is certainly suffering with the larger, heavier tires. Ride is improved offroad, on road isn't significantly different. I am hoping to make a suspension change but Magnaride makes that challenging.

Jplasse

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just put 20x10 with -24mm offset, and 285/55R20 Toyo RT Trail. had to slide the Electric steps back about 1/2" to not rub, and did some minor trimming/hammer work on inner fender. Still have a tiny bit of rubbing once I'm at 1 full steering wheel turn either direction. Lightly touches the felt inner fender liner.

Mileage down a little with weight/width causing less aerodynamics I'd imagine... Ride is slightly firmer because tires are E rated but I run them at about 33 psi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972