Leveling kits... What is the "right" way??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

saxart

Reaction score
So I asked a question about some particular leveling kits last night, but now that I re-read the thread, I guess I didn't really think-through what I was trying to ask, so..........

I'll rephrase....

Some leveling kits work by puttting a "puck" ontop of the front struts, while others work by putting a forked-spacer under the struts.

From a geometry standpoint, one must be better, but my 2 little brain-cells rubbing together just can't figure it out. :think:

Which way is better?

Wakinvol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think it is 6 on one, half dozen on the other. They both do the same thing.

Djay762

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, I think that both have the same effect and as they are adding length to the same piece, there should be no difference in the effect it has on the geometry

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right or wrong, I like the "stability" of the spacer ATOP the strut. Seems like it would be more secure. I went with the ReadyLift adjustable version of this.

bigbluebowtie

Reaction score
I believe in the bottom mount
I don't like the idea of having to cut the ends of the bolts at the top of the strut, if you return it to stock you can see that when you open the hood.
On ebay one guy has a billet alumunium kit where you can vary the amount of leveling you do. Goes in easy works great!

there is a new guy on ebay that is selling them out of some plastic - stay awa from that.

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
I have the Ready Lift Kit that gives 2.25" of lift to the front of my truck. For this, Ready Lift used both a spacer on top of the strut and a "fork" spacer below as well. There was no trimming of the bolts or anything else needed. They just provided new nuts for the top of the strut mounting.

cooter01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Let's see some pics of both kits before installation. I'm thinking of fabbing my own fer the Yukon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401