Leveling kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bacin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the 2.5 on both my yukons 2016s its not nose high at all it looks perfectly level with 22" factory rims and tires

do you think 2.5 all around, rim spacers and

2x Bilstein 24-186940 - Bilstein B8 5100 Series Shocks for my front
2x Bilstein 24-187237 - Bilstein B8 5100 Series Shocks for my rear

2x Moog 81069 Coil Spring Set for my rear
4x Moog K160072 Coil Spring Insulator

2x Moog 81244 Coil Spring Set for my front
4x Moog K160072 Coil Spring Insulator

should cover it. I know that they recommend 305/35/r24 but i want to install the Nitto Terra Grappler 315/50R24 because the potholes in san francisco are killing my 305/35/r24s and i want the better ride more meat on the tires give.

also whom did you buy your level kit?

Jorgez28

Reaction score
I just received the suspensionmaxx adjustable kit today!!! Will be installing over the weekend

DenaliBQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the suspension max kits and they are only on the front to level it with the back i dont know about the other stuff and if it would improve the ride and i will try to get some pictures in the next day or two for ya

justinshort

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
IMHO yes, I had easily less than 1" of rake after the 1.5" front only ... I think if you go 2.25 in the front you'll be nose high once you have any passengers or stuff in the back

Plus the fact most do 2.5 front plus 1.5 rear tells me the 2 only in the front leads to nose high

New guy here.. stupid question: Would the rear air suspension in the Denali’s not lift the rear back to normal after putting weight in there, hooking up a trailer, etc?

4OFFSHR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New guy here.. stupid question: Would the rear air suspension in the Denali’s not lift the rear back to normal after putting weight in there, hooking up a trailer, etc?
I will update here in a few days, but my truck is a 17 SLT XL with the z82 and z85 codes that are the comfort suspension and I assume some type of autoride for trailering, I did just the front leveling spacers as I was nervous about the ride changing if I messed with the shocks...a good friend had recommended the Bilstein set up which after switching from 20's to 22's I probably would have felt a better ride. The rear has nothing and since a recent trip where the truck was heavily loaded the rear looks like it is sagging and that kompressor seems to come on all the time now and the truck looks low in the rear, so I was recommended to get a 1" spacer for the rear shocks and I am going to see if that helps correct the issue and appearance. At the moment I have no fault codes or errors on the suspension so I think maybe just the geometry of the front now having a bit more lift the rear is trying to compensate, so we will see after the rear spacers go in if the kompressor still keeps working hard.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will update here in a few days, but my truck is a 17 SLT XL with the z82 and z85 codes that are the comfort suspension and I assume some type of autoride for trailering, I did just the front leveling spacers as I was nervous about the ride changing if I messed with the shocks...a good friend had recommended the Bilstein set up which after switching from 20's to 22's I probably would have felt a better ride. The rear has nothing and since a recent trip where the truck was heavily loaded the rear looks like it is sagging and that kompressor seems to come on all the time now and the truck looks low in the rear, so I was recommended to get a 1" spacer for the rear shocks and I am going to see if that helps correct the issue and appearance. At the moment I have no fault codes or errors on the suspension so I think maybe just the geometry of the front now having a bit more lift the rear is trying to compensate, so we will see after the rear spacers go in if the kompressor still keeps working hard.

The front level should really have nothing to do with the rear air shocks. The rear operates by a link in the back telling the shocks if it is low or not. It doesn’t gauge off the front height. If your compressor is running a lot I would venture to say you have another issue.

Puting a spacer on the rear shocks would not be a good thing to do... unless you put a coil spacer and bump stop drops on there too.

4OFFSHR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I reached out to Tony who is on this site and is someone who specializes in suspension and he recommended to me to use a BellTech 1" spacer for the rear springs, part #35323, I ordered from Amazon for around $32 bucks and went this morning to install and just like the instructions from Belltech stated, the rear shocks need to be unbolted, and the rear suspension dropped and we pulled out the coils and the spacers fit right in the bottom of the rubber that holds the spring and put it back together, took maybe 30min total. Problem solved...the kompressor has not kicked back on at all...unfortunately having the front lifted where there was a rake in the rear it was causing the kompressor to turn on constantly to compensate. So far today after installing the spacers it sits more level and the ride is just fine.
Thank you very much to Tony Norcal SS for his guidance and professional advice, I would have gladly bought from him, but he recommended to just buy the part direct. Nice having people here to help! I appreciate the advice and hopefully this will be useful to others. Attached is a pic of the truck before, and then a pic of the spacer installed and then after.

20180721_110308.jpg 20180725_121541.jpg 20180725_160548.jpg

Fsu9699

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How do you guys run a 2.5” level without going nose high? I’m slightly over with a 2” level.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you guys run a 2.5” level without going nose high? I’m slightly over with a 2” level.

They arnt hahaha.

Thats why I originally went with the 1.5” level. It ended up being slightly lower up front still, but thats what the body lines require or it will look like its sagging ass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71