1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leveling kit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RELOADER, Mar 30, 2020.

1. RELOADER

RELOADER TYF Newbie

Name:
    Dennis
    I had a leveling kit put on my 2020 Tahoe which dropped the rear 4”. Was wondering if the drop will interfere with my towing capacity? Didn’t expect to pull a trailer when I had this done, now I’m having to pull a uhaul approximately 1100 miles. Was wondering if anyone would know? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Doubeleive

Doubeleive Supporting Member

Name:
    Wes
    where did you get a 4" drop? did you measure from the bottom of the rear bumper or did you measure from the wheel well to the ground? pretty unlikely that the suspension dropped 4" unless there was something wrong with it already.

3. RELOADER

RELOADER TYF Newbie

Name:
    Dennis
    A shorter coil spring was installed on the rear but still using the oem shocks. I measured from the top of the tires to the fender well. The distance in the rear is the same as the front. It’s sitting perfectly level now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Doubeleive

Doubeleive Supporting Member

Name:
    Wes
    well if you changed the springs then yes that will affect towing, it may sag more or bottom out depending on how much of a change there was, shocks do very little work compared to the spring. Springs and sway bar do most of the work. Depending on how much you are trying to tow you might want to look at adding helper bags for towing.