Leveled = void warranty??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mb1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Suspension performance is subjective. Most people like Bilstein 5100 or 4600. Others like Rancho. Some will insist you need Fox or similar with a remote resi just to drive down a paved street. If those KO2’s are LT 10 ply tires you didn’t do yourselves any favors if you’re looking for a soft Cadillac sedan style ride.

Onlyone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any after market shock will have a stiffer ride than factory other than Fully adjustable expensive, tuned shocks (except the adjustable Ranchos), as @mb1500 said, all of your harshness issues are stemming from those D or E rated tires. The factory rated tires are P metrics which are fine but also have a very soft ride.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are considered good shocks?
like others mentioned which is subjective but bilstein's are popular, king. probably a gang of others
if I was going to get rid of the autoride I would go with some kind of adjustable coilover system so it can be tuned

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These cheap spacer lifts are so common these days, I would be VERY surprised if they wouldn't warranty your shocks. The control arms, maybe, since a lift like this ruins the ball joint angles but it doesn't really do anything to the shock. Just take it in with your concern and don't say anything about the spacer.

mb1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These cheap spacer lifts are so common these days, I would be VERY surprised if they wouldn't warranty your shocks. The control arms, maybe, since a lift like this ruins the ball joint angles but it doesn't really do anything to the shock. Just take it in with your concern and don't say anything about the spacer.

Without droop stops the front suspension can over extend and damage components when large enough spacers are installed. Leaking shocks, snapped UCA joints in addition to the typical CV joint damage are possible.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The upper control arms have “droop stops” built into the frame. Unless someone cut those out, the front suspension cannot overextend.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take the aftermarket parts off and have the issue repaired as suggested. The truck will ride better with the magneride.

OP
OP
R

Rockskullz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I run Bilstein 5100s on my ram 2500 and they do ok. Little firmer than the factory shocks but no complaints. It’s a 3/4 ton diesel so I don’t expect it to ride great. This Yukon however rides worse than my truck. The front especially, feel like the shocks aren’t even compressing.

I know the e rated ko2s weren’t the greatest for ride but they did make it better and I wanted ko2s

If they give me crap and don’t want to warranty it I’ll take the leveling kit off before I bring it in.

When new does the magnaride system ride very good? I’ve read mixed reviews

Silverado4x4

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I run Bilstein 5100s on my ram 2500 and they do ok. Little firmer than the factory shocks but no complaints. It’s a 3/4 ton diesel so I don’t expect it to ride great. This Yukon however rides worse than my truck. The front especially, feel like the shocks aren’t even compressing.

I know the e rated ko2s weren’t the greatest for ride but they did make it better and I wanted ko2s

If they give me crap and don’t want to warranty it I’ll take the leveling kit off before I bring it in.

Take the leveling kit off BEFORE you take it in, if they see the kit on there they will flag your Yukon in there system as having an aftermarket lift and it wont be like taking it to some other dealer for the repairs after you take it off the other dealers will see it also in there system

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yes they should ride great. MUCH better than your truck. Its a known fact, when the magnaride struts go out they lock up and ride like complete shit. Happened to my wifes denali; and 100s of others on this forum. Yours are no doubt shot, or at least one of them. When i replaced my wifes, one was about and inch or two shorter because it was stuck in that position.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues