Left Foot Rest A.K.A. Dead Pedal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$65 all in? Hmm... At that price, I'd rather just rest my foot on the hood-release (which is what I end up doing).

It's not a bad concept, really. I'll be checking this thread out to see if you or someone else give this thing a whirl.

OP
OP
H

HOE-N-IT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is a little bit expensive. My floor mat would also have to be cut around it or allow for the mat when installing. Then the mat would be hard to remove for cleaning. I wonder if it would hold if I mounted it with some heavy duty velcro. Then I could remove if I didn't like it and no holes or to remove the mats for cleaning. Hmm...

comtech5

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I can't believe GM would build any vehicle today without one. I am ordering this SLP unit pronto. A long trip would be BRUTAL for me without this. I'll post a hi res pic and review when install complete. I have the WeatherTech mats as well, but I don't think they will conflict with one another. We'll see.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh....... back in my day we just used to take a 2x4, cut it, and rig it in just right.

Lol

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I just rest my foot differently than you guys lol. I never put my foot straight out

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
In a car I can see you needing it more because the seat is much lower to the floor and your legs go straight out. We sit up in the giant lazy-boy chair and our legs go down, not out. Personally I dont see a need in any pickup / large SUV becuase of the seating position. To me its only useful when driving a stick so your foot is rested at the correct spot to push the clutch. To each their own!

Ls1leadfoot

Reaction score
that part was on SLP...lol Street Legal Performance huh...wow business must be slow over there

i used them way back in the day on my camaro, but would never think about them for the denali

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667