LED reverse lights and camera view infotainment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alexYukon16

Reaction score
2023 Tahoe LT. So I just installed 3 different pairs of LEDs with “error free”. The first set were lasfit that didn’t turn on at all. Second were a pair of alla lighting leds. These would blink once then stay on so I swapped those out for the last pair which didnt blink. As expected got the check reverse lamps on all three but was satisfied the last ones actually went on without a problem. So I started driving and noticed after a while that when I go into reverse the camera shows up on my screen, fine. When I go into drive the camera switches to the front camera view, also fine. But here’s where the problem starts. The screen has a little x on the top left corner I try pressing it and the camera view doesn’t go back to the home view or whatever I was on before the camera came on. Then, on its own, the screen goes black except for the little x that still doesn’t work. I ended up putting the halogen lights back in and that fixed the problem. Has anyone experienced this before? Would resistors fix this?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's an odd one.

I cannot personally help you with your question; however, other members on this Forum that are much more knowledgeable than me will chime in.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2023 Tahoe LT. So I just installed 3 different pairs of LEDs with “error free”. The first set were lasfit that didn’t turn on at all. Second were a pair of alla lighting leds. These would blink once then stay on so I swapped those out for the last pair which didnt blink. As expected got the check reverse lamps on all three but was satisfied the last ones actually went on without a problem. So I started driving and noticed after a while that when I go into reverse the camera shows up on my screen, fine. When I go into drive the camera switches to the front camera view, also fine. But here’s where the problem starts. The screen has a little x on the top left corner I try pressing it and the camera view doesn’t go back to the home view or whatever I was on before the camera came on. Then, on its own, the screen goes black except for the little x that still doesn’t work. I ended up putting the halogen lights back in and that fixed the problem. Has anyone experienced this before? Would resistors fix this?

As for the Lasfit bulbs, did you try rotating the light bulbs 180 degrees?

Brand0n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same experience with LEDs impacting the infotainment system after cameras were used. After putting the factory bulbs back in the problem went away.

ACCER123

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Been thinking about switching out the bulbs for LEDs. Didn't know it would be a little hassle, will check back to see what would be the best options

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you add resistors to the wiring when swapping to the LEDs? I know on the few vids i watched on doing it, they suggested adding resistors to prevent codes on dash/hyper flashing. I added resistors on all of my bulbs and none have given me a problem, other than the one bulb that was faulty.

OP
OP
alexYukon16

alexYukon16

Reaction score
Did you add resistors to the wiring when swapping to the LEDs? I know on the few vids i watched on doing it, they suggested adding resistors to prevent codes on dash/hyper flashing. I added resistors on all of my bulbs and none have given me a problem, other than the one bulb that was faulty.
Bought (2) 6 ohm resistors for the reverse. Will be installing tomorrow and updating here. Hopefully that’ll fix it

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear it. I also got my replacement reverse bulbs in yesterday so my taillights are all LED as well. Resistors on all bulbs and no error codes or hyper flashing at all. Not sure why gm was so cheap amd put incandescent bulbs back there to start with. In bulk they could have put LEDs back there for less than 20 bucks per vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons