LED Headlight Upgrade and Lense Clean!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeremiahm

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• YBHLDuring.jpg
    YBHLDuring.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 21
  • YLEDHLBulbs.jpg
    YLEDHLBulbs.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 21
  • YLHLAfter.jpg
    YLHLAfter.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 23
  • YRHLBefore.jpg
    YRHLBefore.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 22
OP
OP
jeremiahm

jeremiahm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Understood @topaq, so far the beam pattern is very similar to stock, the light is much better and I am not blinding oncoming drivers. If I run into trouble I will relay the story here.

2Seven

Reaction score
Looks great!

Did you have to re-seal the lenses with that kit? I need to do mine, but I dont want any issues down the line.

Thanks!

Onlyone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice job! Great upgrade. Even the worst crappy led bulb adjusted in the light is light years better than those crappy halogens. No pun intended.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

repairman54

Reaction score
I've been running HID in mine for years now. Saving grace is the built-in bulb shield that reduces glare. Some headlights do not have the shield in front of the bulb / led array so when using aftermarket stuff the glare is horrible. That's why halogen bulbs have the black coating on the tip of the bulb, to reduce oncoming glare.

OP
OP
jeremiahm

jeremiahm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@2Seven there is no need to reseal as the bulbs were plug-n-play, but now that the lenses are clear I can see I have condensation build up in my driver assembly. Will need to reseal.

A few weeks in and the lights are still great and still no "one finger salutes" from oncoming drivers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ppv2018