LED Headlight Upgrade and Lense Clean!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the "Sealight" brand LED's in my 14 about 2 years ago.. I did online research and
found this brand had the best reviews and actual results
I may have gotten the info here . I also did the fog lights LED with the same brand
a couple months after. I'm pretty satisfied.
The bulbs came with instructions on clocking the bulbs if needed.. mine did not, they
went in at the correct position so I've never jacked with that

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@2Seven there is no need to reseal as the bulbs were plug-n-play, but now that the lenses are clear I can see I have condensation build up in my driver assembly. Will need to reseal.

A few weeks in and the lights are still great and still no "one finger salutes" from oncoming drivers!
OP, how did you level out the beams? I have the same bulbs, and after finally driving in the night, both beams spread out in a non-horizontal pattern.

Did you need to add new adjustment holes to the mounting bracket to get the diodes in a true horizontal alignment?

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. You want the led bulbs to positioned so the diodes are facing to each side. Otherwise, you won’t be happy with the terrible results.

Yeah, I installed them, and drove in the dark last night.

Muuuch brighter than the stock bulbs, and now I can actually see the road.

I will need to rotate, and possibly add new adjustment holes in the mounting brackets.

OP
OP
jeremiahm

jeremiahm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My bulbs are almost vertical, I have not had to do any further adjustments. I have noticed my hi beams may be a bit high, but have not had a chance to look into it further. Will post up when I do.

Last edited:

Malii Denali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just upgraded mine as well. I tried to restore the passenger side headlamp since it was pretty cloudy. Didn’t come out as nice as I wanted but I plan on replacing it anyways since the tabs are broken. I also installed switchbacks in the turn signals and upgraded the fogs.

Attachments

• 357ED2DA-91CE-4CE8-BEF5-B3521BF54E04.jpeg
    357ED2DA-91CE-4CE8-BEF5-B3521BF54E04.jpeg
    791.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 69905829-7ED2-41DE-B678-4F9D1B9737F8.jpeg
    69905829-7ED2-41DE-B678-4F9D1B9737F8.jpeg
    386.3 KB · Views: 9

chevymopar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How did you clean them? I tried on other cars and they did not stay clear for very long

Malii Denali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How did you clean them? I tried on other cars and they did not stay clear for very long

Basically followed this video step by step with an old impala a few years ago I had. They came out really good. This time around I think I need to polish them a bit more. But it’s cold out here this time of year . I’ll save it for spring or just replace them altogether.