Leather Seat Cover Bottoms Detached From Frame?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Firm

Reaction score
So the factory leather seat cover bottoms on my 06 Escalade are still in pretty good shape considering their age (no rips, tears, just some color wear on the driver's side), but I noticed that the clips that hold the cover to the seat frame at the front edge have let go, on both of the front seats.

I know from watching the replacement cover install videos that I should be able to roll the edge over, and clip it back onto the frame, but it just won't catch. Feels like the clip/locking system on the cover itself is broken/failed.

Anyone else experienced this? My brother's 03 is doing the same so I suspect it's pretty common. Any fixes other than replacing the cover with a new one?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So the factory leather seat cover bottoms on my 06 Escalade are still in pretty good shape considering their age (no rips, tears, just some color wear on the driver's side), but I noticed that the clips that hold the cover to the seat frame at the front edge have let go, on both of the front seats.

I know from watching the replacement cover install videos that I should be able to roll the edge over, and clip it back onto the frame, but it just won't catch. Feels like the clip/locking system on the cover itself is broken/failed.

Anyone else experienced this? My brother's 03 is doing the same so I suspect it's pretty common. Any fixes other than replacing the cover with a new one?
I have same exact problem. I think heat over time has distorted those plastic clips. I clipped them in but they popped right back off. Maybe if you used some heat to stretch the vinyl and reform the clips might work. I said the hell with it myself.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should be able to crimp that clip back together with some pliers and then reinstall it. It’s hard to get those back on unless you remove the seat, then the seat bottom, so you can compress the foam and get some slack.

03catburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pressed down the front of my seat with my knees and was able to get enough slack to clip them back

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeSexingStick