Leather seat clip comes off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

h2100

Reaction score
Hey All,

I did not take a photo but, the clip that holds the leather wrap seat in place has come off. The clip is still on the leather but the clip is not on the seat frame. It always fell off my older Tahoe also. You have to kind of curl it up and under and then it snaps in place. It keeps falling off, however.

Ideas? Let me know if a photo is needed to figure out what I'm saying!

akbrener

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get some bubblegum and put it on the clip!

Is the seat foam worn? sounds like it may have a bit too much squish and losing its tension. As long as you have it in the correct spot on the frame, I would just get some non-hardening putty or some silicone and stick it back on

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2019 Yukon has had this issue since new. I've snapped it back on several times and asked the dealer to find a repair - They just clipped it back on and it fell off a couple weeks later. I'm thinking of using 3M trim adhesive on it next time.

OP
OP
H

h2100

Reaction score
My 2019 Yukon has had this issue since new. I've snapped it back on several times and asked the dealer to find a repair - They just clipped it back on and it fell off a couple weeks later. I'm thinking of using 3M trim adhesive on it next time.

Maybe fill the channel with the adhesive? Good plan. I'll try it too.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was off when I took delivery. I haven't checked it since I put it back on...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE