Seat Moves while driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2018 GMC Yukon and the drivers seat has been moving a little forward or a little back randomly as I drive. The seat back has moved also. Last night the seat moved itself all the way back as I was driving and I could not stop it with the switch. Fortunately I am tall enough to still reach the pedals! The seat would not move any direction until I turned the car off and back on again. Any ideas or recommendations, it is kind of scary driving now, just wondering if it is going to happen again.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would guess maybe a bad seat switch, nothing else is going to cause that unless you have the memory setting but that would make everything else move as well you would think so my best guess is seat switch.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would guess maybe a bad seat switch, nothing else is going to cause that unless you have the memory setting but that would make everything else move as well you would think so my best guess is seat switch.

This would be my guess also. It's really not too bad of a process to access the seat switch and check the connections. Even if you have to remove the driver's seat it's not terrible.

This video here is a little different since the seats here aren't power; That being said I use this video along with some simple hand tools to remove the front seat out of our 2019 Escalade ESV in about 15-20 mins. Just be extra careful with the main seat harness plug under the seat, the big gray and yellow one. Make sure you have the red "unlock tab" completely unlocked before popping it off.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the mean time you can unplug the seat or pull the fuse for it until you can get it fixed.

OP
OP
J

JoshV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am not certain, but I don't think it is the switch. Last night when I was able to put it in park none of the seat switches worked. I did nothing else except turn off the truck and turn it back on and all the switches worked fine and the seat returned to the memory position. Could it be some computer issue?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9