Last week GM accepted my order & this week I've been assigned a TPW but my salesperson/dealer continues to say my order hasn't been accepted yet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChemEng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know you experience I’ve went back and forth with you for quite a bit.

I learned about 6 weeks in that my salesman was fired. And whenever I reached out to my dealer that’s all who they’d only let me speak to. Since learning he was fired was when I’ve been on the TPW status and last week was my TPW.

My new salesman told me he’d let me know when he has a VIN#. Not sure when
that is in relation to the event codes, but I’d definitely like to know when the car actually is produced like others have, regardless if that’s not when a VIN is created or not
Hopefully it is produced and on its way. The dealer should be able to get you a vin once it is produced and also send you the window sticker so you can confirm it was configured right.

I don't understand why GM doesn't have an online portal where you can look up the status code... my buddy bought a mustang a few years back and he could track it through the entire process, my mother ordered a mini and she got detailed daily email updates.

I hope your shipping is quicker than mine... you know I whipped myself up into a fine lather during that last bit of wait time, but it does feel good having it finally stuffed safely into the garage.

OP
OP
F

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
also send you the window sticker so you can confirm it was configured right.

Once I found out my salesman was canned they put me in touch with the order manager who emailed me the GM workbench sheet.

It showed everything on there, including the entire configuration which I asked them to see because I was afraid my salesman could have screwed something up (luckily he didn’t).

But on there it also showed the date and time he accessed it, it had the event code, it had the TPW in a separate area. It even had a section that said priority and the #1 next to it. My guess is if I ever called them for an update they’ll just pull up the workbench….I’m not entirely sure how often the information updated in their system from when it updates to GM. I know it’s not immediate because the first time I ever called GM the guy told me when they put you on hold to get an actual update wherever they get that info from is the first place it’s populated and it is possible to get an update there before the dealer gets that update.

I’m sure some salesman/ dealer managers will check on their customer orders once a week (or more) and just let them know what the workbench shows them.

For those that didn’t have that line of communication you were reliant on GM chat or their phone line. But unfortunately the miscommunication there is quite frequent

OP
OP
F

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
I don't understand why GM doesn't have an online portal where you can look up the status code... my buddy bought a mustang a few years back and he could track it through the entire process, my mother ordered a mini and she got detailed daily email updates

Yeah I know other manufacturers do the same. My friend who built a BMW has a cool portal and he sees every single update. It also shows all of his prior cars too. It also has a visual 360 of the outside and custom interior too. Pretty awesome

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know other manufacturers do the same. My friend who built a BMW has a cool portal and he sees every single update. It also shows all of his prior cars too. It also has a visual 360 of the outside and custom interior too. Pretty awesome
GM does have a portal it’s just not for customers, the dealers have it. I was in last week and my salesman logged in and showed me status of truck and had a gps location of it. And this might be helpful for u...2D3A16D5-EA37-49B1-ADC7-D164852420BA.jpegF4F3F03D-FE82-4ABF-8963-8B8502B0B6B7.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh