Last week GM accepted my order & this week I've been assigned a TPW but my salesperson/dealer continues to say my order hasn't been accepted yet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
Has anyone had a similar experience? Ordered a 2022 Chevy Tahoe RST last month. It took me multiple attempts with the Chevy chat to get my order # because when I contacted them they wanted my order # or VIN (which my dealer wouldn't provide me for a month after I ordered the car through them). Someone on the chat was actually finally able to provide it for me when I gave them all of my and the dealer's info. And they informed me that GM had in fact did accept my order. Now I'm being told I have a TPW (March 28). I reached out to my salesperson again to see if he has any updates and he again told told me my order has still not been accepted yet. I don't know how this can even be the case - or if he's just not really checking.

SerialNo1

Reaction score
Same thing is happening to me. GM chat is saying my order has been accepted but my dealer is saying nothing has moved. Funny thing is that chat always says to check with your deaership for the most up to date information. Clearly they have more info then the dealer is they are saying I've finally been accepted but my sales guy keeps looking and says nothing has moved. Who's blowing smoke up my rear end.

OP
OP
F

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
Who's blowing smoke up my rear end.
There is no reason for the GM chat people to lie - the dealer had to have sent them your order if they can pull you up on their end. They have access to the best information because when I called GM, I was told sometimes they get the info updated in their system before the dealer does. However for my case they definitely should have been informed the order was accepted if I have a TPW.

I did read on this forum one person said that they were informed by GM chat that their car was built and already had been shipped to the dealer and the dealer had told him absolutely nothing - then when he found out the car arrived at the dealer he called and obviously they had to tell him.

Vinnoto1

Reaction score
Have you spoken to GM customer service via phone? I hear that is best for more accurate info. Did your truck get made this week?

OP
OP
F

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
Have you spoken to GM customer service via phone? I hear that is best for more accurate info. Did your truck get made this week?
Funny you ask that.

I've called them a few times during my entire order process before this week. The first time I called, when I found out my order was accepted - the guy on the phone was amazingly helpful and very down to earth and receptive. The next time i called them a few weeks later they really weren't helpful at all.

So late in the day on Monday 3/28 I decided to hit up the chat to see if there was an update...because I saw on here a few people with a 3/28 TPW said they had found out there car was produced. Chat tells me the generic your TPW is estimated to be 3/28. I said, that is this week, do you happen to know if it's still waiting to be produced or is it in production today..... Chat person says they don't have that info, please reach out to your dealer for more info or try back here next week. I hit up the chat again on Tue 3/29 - this time they tell me, GM has accepted your order and you're waiting for a TPW lol. So i'm like okay this one was useless.

On Wednesday (yesterday) I decide to call. Boy oh boy what a phone call. I get a woman on the phone who didn't sound enthused off the bat. She's like what can I help you with and I said I'd like to see if I can get an update on my order, I know the TPW was this week & my dealer told me to call your number to see if there's a better update you can provide. I get Silence. So I go Hello - did you hear me? The woman goes - what update do you want me to give you? I see here in the notes you contacted the chat on Monday and they told you this week is the TPW week and for more info contact your dealer or reach out next week. So I explained to her that my dealer screwed up my order to begin with (i may have lied), my salesmen got fired (actually true) and they have neglected to provide me any updates (true until my salesman was fired and now the new guy has been cool) the manager said to contact you for an update because since the production week, there is a chance the car is produced immediately. She's like, look we already gave you an update on Monday, there is no additional info for me to provide. So i asked, how do you know nothing has changed since Monday? She's like sir we gave you an update on Monday. You have to wait until next week or speak to your dealer. So i say to her - is there a reason why you won't look to check if anything has changed - is it because you're busy or have something else to do than help me (threw in a little sarcasm tone lol). And she's like sir nothing has changed we already gave you an update on Monday. I am like how do you know if you don't check. Silence....and she hung up on me lol.

I won't lie i was pretty angry with that experience. I was being polite until the end, but it genuinely seemed like she had zero desire to check and her job is entirely customer service. So i think based on that experience, whenever you do reach out to them via chat or you call....once you give your order # someone on their end may or may not log a note. When you get the same message constantly, it's likely that they are just reading the prior note. And when there is a new update, it's usually when they put you on hold or tell you it will take time for them to reach out to the other group for an update. I think some of the chat people probably just read old notes, and not always the most recent note - when they tell your you status. That's why the info can be different from person to person. I think at this point ill just reach back out on Monday. I'd like to know for sure if its already built, but it wont change the fact my car wont get here next week.

Vinnoto1

Reaction score
Funny you ask that.

I've called them a few times during my entire order process before this week. The first time I called, when I found out my order was accepted - the guy on the phone was amazingly helpful and very down to earth and receptive. The next time i called them a few weeks later they really weren't helpful at all.

So late in the day on Monday 3/28 I decided to hit up the chat to see if there was an update...because I saw on here a few people with a 3/28 TPW said they had found out there car was produced. Chat tells me the generic your TPW is estimated to be 3/28. I said, that is this week, do you happen to know if it's still waiting to be produced or is it in production today..... Chat person says they don't have that info, please reach out to your dealer for more info or try back here next week. I hit up the chat again on Tue 3/29 - this time they tell me, GM has accepted your order and you're waiting for a TPW lol. So i'm like okay this one was useless.

On Wednesday (yesterday) I decide to call. Boy oh boy what a phone call. I get a woman on the phone who didn't sound enthused off the bat. She's like what can I help you with and I said I'd like to see if I can get an update on my order, I know the TPW was this week & my dealer told me to call your number to see if there's a better update you can provide. I get Silence. So I go Hello - did you hear me? The woman goes - what update do you want me to give you? I see here in the notes you contacted the chat on Monday and they told you this week is the TPW week and for more info contact your dealer or reach out next week. So I explained to her that my dealer screwed up my order to begin with (i may have lied), my salesmen got fired (actually true) and they have neglected to provide me any updates (true until my salesman was fired and now the new guy has been cool) the manager said to contact you for an update because since the production week, there is a chance the car is produced immediately. She's like, look we already gave you an update on Monday, there is no additional info for me to provide. So i asked, how do you know nothing has changed since Monday? She's like sir we gave you an update on Monday. You have to wait until next week or speak to your dealer. So i say to her - is there a reason why you won't look to check if anything has changed - is it because you're busy or have something else to do than help me (threw in a little sarcasm tone lol). And she's like sir nothing has changed we already gave you an update on Monday. I am like how do you know if you don't check. Silence....and she hung up on me lol.

I won't lie i was pretty angry with that experience. I was being polite until the end, but it genuinely seemed like she had zero desire to check and her job is entirely customer service. So i think based on that experience, whenever you do reach out to them via chat or you call....once you give your order # someone on their end may or may not log a note. When you get the same message constantly, it's likely that they are just reading the prior note. And when there is a new update, it's usually when they put you on hold or tell you it will take time for them to reach out to the other group for an update. I think some of the chat people probably just read old notes, and not always the most recent note - when they tell your you status. That's why the info can be different from person to person. I think at this point ill just reach back out on Monday. I'd like to know for sure if its already built, but it wont change the fact my car wont get here next week.
Wow that’s crazy and very frustrating.

ChemEng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer didn't tell me crap. I had to call them and beg for info after about 6 weeks and only then did they tell me that my sales guy was promoted and I didn't get assigned to anybody else. The new sales guy begrudgingly gave me an order number and then apparently quit, because he never returned my calls. Then I called the main number and got assigned a 3rd sales person who didn't contact me until it got dropped off the rail car 90 miles from the dealership, and she only called to tell me that "if I didn't come in to pay for it in full THAT DAY then they were going to sell it to the first guy who walked in" despite me having a $1000 non-refundable down payment on the order and still not having an actual delivery date. She didn't even call me when it was delivered at the dealer. I know this because I got a survey asking me to rate the service department (must have been the PDI). I had to call to ask what the survey was about and then she told me I could pick it up the next day.

So your dealer probably just isn't checking because they don't give a crap.

I called chevy chat for weekly updates and they were GREAT until it left the train, then they didn't have any more info. they were very patient with me and their info was pretty accurate.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny you ask that.

You sound more impatient than me hahaha. My salesman told me GM updates status codes twice per week. For them it’s Tuesday/Thursday, is this true? Who knows, I believe him tho he’s pretty straight up with me. I had a new Silverado built 3/14 and I still don’t have it. It’s sitting in Indiana 3 hours away and was suppose to be delivered 3/31 and didn’t show. So I’m sure your Tahoe was built this past week, coulda been Monday or yesterday that’s why lady had no update cuz she literally pry had no update lol. Typically 2-3 weeks to be delivered once built as long as no chip hold.

OP
OP
F

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
You sound more impatient than me hahaha.

I mean….I went around 6 weeks of being in the compete dark by the dealership from when I went there to order my car and putting a deposit down. I need a second car pretty badly and have been barely getting by with 1. Not to mention when I am spending $70k on anything that’s being custom ordered, I expect clarity and not conflicting information from the people making your car. You can legit reach out to GM chat simultaneously on two different browsers and be given different status updates - that’s pretty terrible.

As to why I’m constantly looking for updates, I’ve heard multiple people on here have experiences where their dealers were not updating them and then randomly call them saying your car is here you have to come by today to sign or you’ll lose out. I had to travel pretty far to find a dealer not charging over MSRP…and I have a full time job and kids. So if that happened to me when I was busy, I’d be pretty furious. I know probably 90%+ of the people who ordered a car had a good experience and picked up a car with zero problems, but there is still that small minority who do experience the bad who most people don’t sympathize with because it’s not them.

If I never stumbled across this forum and learned to reach out to GM direct for an update, I’d have cancelled my deposit and bought a different car by now

As far as

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
So your dealer probably just isn't checking because they don't give a crap.
I know you experience I’ve went back and forth with you for quite a bit.

I learned about 6 weeks in that my salesman was fired. And whenever I reached out to my dealer that’s all who they’d only let me speak to. Since learning he was fired was when I’ve been on the TPW status and last week was my TPW.

My new salesman told me he’d let me know when he has a VIN#. Not sure when
that is in relation to the event codes, but I’d definitely like to know when the car actually is produced like others have, regardless if that’s not when a VIN is created or not

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TIMMY_B