Large oil leak driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@OR VietVet Exactly, They should have focused on all possible avenues of oil leaks based on what they had to clean up. A dented and banged up filter should have been a clue. I also agree with you, oil change and a few other things are the first thing I do when I purchase a used vehicle. I don't care where I purchased the vehicle - brother, friend, dealer or someone I don't know.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
@OR VietVet Exactly, They should have focused on all possible avenues of oil leaks based on what they had to clean up. A dented and banged up filter should have been a clue. I also agree with you, oil change and a few other things are the first thing I do when I purchase a used vehicle. I don't care where I purchased the vehicle - brother, friend, dealer or someone I don't know.
Any, new to you, used vehicle should get to a base by changing fluids and of course addressing ANY other concerns found during a thorough inspection. If is brand new, I would still check tension on the oil filter and the oil pan drain plug, based on a couple threads here about new rigs leaking oil asap.

E-Force

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
sounds like you found the source problem. I've had bad luck with the oil pressure sensor failing and blowing oil all over. this has happened twice! I believe there is a rubber diaphragm built into the sensor that can fail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons