L31 Vortec with TBI - Is it worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Chevrolado

Chevrolado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
keep us informed.

Hey man.. I definitely owe you a beer. :cheers:

5 months later... Fresh new motor with the said Edelbrock top end pack finished and installed. :D I'm a big fan. Still working out a couple little kinks and just about to finish my initial 500 mile break in process so I haven't truly put it through it's tests yet but I love the low end torque so far. :High 5:

350 new block. Edelbrock Performer Heads, Performer-Plus Cam, Performer TBI Manifold, Flowtech ceramic coated headers, Edelbrock piggy-back chip (they provided for free when buying the combination of the whole heads/manifold/cam pack). All CARB EO numbered and SMOG legal for CA use. :)

9254129348_6af01ea8a2_c.jpg

9340131752_6348903b01_c.jpg

9340129612_e0a752c158_c.jpg

9337341265_15dd17fa66_c.jpg

I just wanted to extend a special thank you for pointing me in a direction that definitely worked out great for me.

:signs1:

Last edited:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Very well done. Let it be an example to others in Cali who are interested in better performance and still be completely legal. And to disbelievers as well who say it not worth it. Make a record of all you CARB E.O. info to keep in the truck for inspections. Or label maker them right there on the fan shroud. Maybe you can find a Whipple SC to top it off.

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
...or move out of commiefornia and put whatever the hell you want under the hood of your car

OP
OP
Chevrolado

Chevrolado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks SunLit! Yeah man for sure. I'm going to get it all posted up on the fan shroud soon. I have a full packet of all the paperwork and stickers in my glovebox. :D

Dylan; yeah that would be nice! However then I wouldn't live in CA anymore! The trade off doesn't appeal to me. I love CA too much to leave just to be able to put whatever motor I want in my vehicle. :)

firstZ71yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
how did this setup work for you? i believe i am in the same situation as you were. i dont need nothing too fast but i would like something that would hold up for trail riding or a bit of off road...i have a 95 yukon z71 5.7, not to sure one how to go about rebuilding my 350 tbi...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon