L.E.D. Bulb Conversion/Cross Reference List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ecordell

CordellDesigns.com
Reaction score
No load resistors are needed for any of this correct?

What would the load resistors be used for then?

OP
OP
NathanJax

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No load resistors are needed for any of this correct?

No

What would the load resistors be used for then?

I think those are for just standard LEDs that people purchase to make their own. Or like when blinkers blink fast because LEDs don't throw enough of a load for the truck to see your bulbs are there and not burnt out. From my understanding, the LED's have everything built in ready to go.

ecordell

CordellDesigns.com
Reaction score
No

I think those are for just standard LEDs that people purchase to make their own. Or like when blinkers blink fast because LEDs don't throw enough of a load for the truck to see your bulbs are there and not burnt out. From my understanding, the LED's have everything built in ready to go.

I was just curious because I was reading somewhere about a single LED only outputing 3V so that is why they blink so fast or are blown by the truck......that company has 4-LED lights for a little bit more, and this is just me thinking outloud, wouldn't that work better since 3X4 = 12....12V against 12V should give the correct amount of "load" or whatever for the truck to not blow them or anything.........am I right or am I just way off lol :hands:

robowens

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What headlights bulbs (I don't have the money for a HID system, yet...) would compliment the cool white color?

Last edited:

ROBERTOcritser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what are map lights? the swivel bulbs straight up in the middle that have a push button for each of them?

OP
OP
NathanJax

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ecordell

CordellDesigns.com
Reaction score
Correct. You can also go to www.superbrightleds.com and they have a tool there to look up your vehicle and find what number is for each bulb, then you can x-reference to the right bulb on their site ;)

OP
OP
NathanJax

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reverse Lights are 3157 right?

Correct. You can also go to www.superbrightleds.com and they have a tool there to look up your vehicle and find what number is for each bulb, then you can x-reference to the right bulb on their site ;)

Or you can go to the sylvania.com website, then automotive lighting, then lamp replacement guide. That's what I would recommend.

http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/LampReplacementGuide/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879