keyless entry fob reprogam?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HDTECH

Reaction score
I could use a little help if possible lol. I researched the reprogram process and heres what I came up with... with key off hold down unlock button on door. Then while holding unlock turn key on off on off and wait for cycle. Then let off door button and hold lock and unlock on fob for 15seconds until locks cycle. Then key on to exit.
Is that right? If it is what would keep the. System from programing ? I have a new battery and I know the fob works due to this nifty tester at advance.
2000 LT

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. Close all vehicle doors.

2. Insert the key into the ignition.

3. Hold down the power UNLOCK button on the driver’s door panel-continue to hold
down until instructed to release in step 9.

4. Perform steps 5 through 8 in fairly rapid succession.

5. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (as far as you can go without starting the
engine).

6. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.

7. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.

8. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.

9. Release the power unlock button on the door panel. The vehicle will lock and unlock
the doors automatically.

10. Hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter simultaneously until
the door locks and unlocks.
This step may take up to 30 seconds.

11. Repeat step 10 NOW for each additional transmitter (including any existing
transmitters).

12. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position in order to exit the transmitter programming
mode.

OP
OP
H

HDTECH

Reaction score
so what does it mean that if i do the above and the fobs still dont work? i tried it a few times but it still doesnt work?

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the doors lock and unlock like the instructions say? Is this a new key fob?

OP
OP
H

HDTECH

Reaction score
yes they did react but held the fob buttons down for at least a minute and no change. Did the process a few times. The fob came with the truck, so i dont know if it is original or not.
I found a write up for a key fob with the same rf # or whatever on the fob and the process was specific to that fob style number. it said to jump two ports in the data port to activate transmitter learn. Does that make sense? it just say to use a jumper to jump the two terminals. I feel like im being F'ed with on that one lol. Is anything going to be damaged by doing this?

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

*** Fobs have never worked for me since i bought the rig, owner said they just needed batteries but now idk.

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard of the jumper method. Is your truck the old body style or new body style? I know in 2000 they released an early model and a late model truck. Mine is the kobut1bt so those directions worked for me. I also saw the jumper method for the other model and believe it is legitimate.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

HDTECH

Reaction score
ok ill try it again, yes my truck is the new body style. If for some reason these don't link, is there a transmitter in the dash that would need to be checked or where would the next step be?

OP
OP
H

HDTECH

Reaction score
Ok so I tried it again multiple times and still no go. The locks cycled but no response when I held down the fob buttons. I also tried with another fob that came with the truck same rwsult. The jumper wire method. Wont work on mine as there are no wires in the slots the instructions mention.
Any ideas? Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork