key replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shegarty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Morning folks ... looks like I have lost one of the two keys that I had for my 2004 Suburban. I think the plastic part that connects to the key ring must have broken. Any suggestions on where to get a new key (other than the stealership) way up in the Great White North?

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Morning folks ... looks like I have lost one of the two keys that I had for my 2004 Suburban. I think the plastic part that connects to the key ring must have broken. Any suggestions on where to get a new key (other than the stealership) way up in the Great White North?

You can get a blank from ebay and get it cut anywhere, but for an 04, the dealership is probably $10 if you need it now.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's 12$ at the "stealership" plus tax.. you get a way better cleaner cut then at a lock smith they don't use the old key to make a new cut

OP
OP
S

shegarty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because of the strike the dealership can't get one in for a couple of weeks. I am going to check the local hardware stores around town for a blank and if I can't find one I'll have to order a blank off eBay. Thanks for all the info. BTW, up here it's $23 for the blank and cutting at the dealership.