Key Fob Problem with drivers door only

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scrap

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
RE: 2018 Premier:
With key fob in pocket, drivers door requires many many tries to lock or unlock. Fresh battery in fob. Other three doors work instantly. All doors work instantly when pushing the button on the fob. Tried it without my cell phone in my pocket. (My cell phone interferes with the remote on my TV if my phone is near the TV)

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
With key fob in pocket, drivers door requires many many tries to lock or unlock. Fresh battery in fob. Other three doors work instantly. All doors work instantly when pushing the button on the fob. Tried it without my cell phone in my pocket. (My cell phone interferes with the remote on my TV if my phone is near the TV)

Are you using the FOB all the time, or are you saying that the door panel switch doesn't operate correctly when you have the FOB in your pocket (not using the FOB to unlock)?

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Have the same problem. Doesn’t happen every time. 2018 Tahoe. Frustrating after spending 50k +

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm also experiencing this issue and in my case it comes and goes week to week. For me it's the drivers door and the tailgate. There is a service bulletin that addresses the issue: https://static.oemdtc.com/TSB/MC-10156932-9999.pdf

(Credit to swathdiver)

OP
OP
S

scrap

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are you using the FOB all the time, or are you saying that the door panel switch doesn't operate correctly when you have the FOB in your pocket (not using the FOB to unlock)?

I use the door panel switch with the FOB in my pocket. I don't use the button on the FOB. I keep pressing the door panel switch over and over till it unlocks. This is only on the drivers door. Sometimes it works on the firs try, but not very often.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts