Kenwood Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TV32

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, this is my first post in this forum and I hope someone out there can help me out.

I have a 2011 tahoe with a kenwood 9960, metra steering wheel control adapter, and a metra bose/onstar/factory chime integration module. Every once in a while, mostly when I start the vehicle, I will hear a pop and the power will slowly fade out on all three units. Afterwards I'll see a park assist off message under the tach and I won't hear turn signal clicks (which now come through the speakers).

My fix is to get into the fuse box under the hood and pull out the radio fuse, which is fine, and just put it right back in. This seems to reset everything and it will magically work again. All my presets are still there after the reset. Also, after everything fades out, the red triangle flashes on the 9960, telling me that the unit still has power. Aside from a wiring issue, Is there anything else that anyone can think of?

Thanks, this is driving me crazy.

northern dog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you ever get a solution for this?
I just had a 9980 installed and I get sound for less than 5 minutes before it fades out and I get that same bizarre message about the park assist being off.

J-Hollywood

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just picked up the 9980 as well, installing it on friday, Northern Dog, how do you like it (minus the noise)..... thoughts and/or concerns?

OP
OP
T

TV32

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah it's a problem with the Bose/onstar interface, not the kenwood. I had the 9960, kenwood Sirius tuner, Mercedes backup camera, and metra interface installed at JML audio in St. Louis. After trying a few different things with it, they finally just replaced the metra with a PAC unit. The turn signal chime sounds like it belongs on a tricycle but other than that it works fine now. For some reason the metra just doesn't play well with the 2011's I guess

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork