Kbuskill's 2008 Burb LTZ "MOD" Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I also changed the engine oil and filters, collected my Blackstone sample, installed two new knock sensors, installed new ceramic front brake pads (will install the new rear ceramic brake pads when I get the rear wheels put on), and installed the new Gruven heater core T-connectors and the Dorman cast aluminum Y-connector for the other plastic fitting on the heater cores.

View attachment 226213 View attachment 226214 View attachment 226215

Which replaced all of this plastic crap...

View attachment 226216

I actually forgot to take a pic of the old plastic Y-connector but you all know what they look like.
Nice. Did you get all the plastics out in 1 piece?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I am half way there...

Fed Ex still has not delivered my 4th rim, which just happens to be the one with the new lug nuts inside.

I had a belt starting to break in the right front tire so it was imperative that I get the two front wheels on before I had a blow out and tore up a fender.

In order to get the new wheels on I had to go buy some lug nuts that would fit in the new wheels. The original lugnuts fit in the new wheels but didn't allow enough room to get a socket on them.

The only ones I could find local on short notice were black so that's what are on there for now until the 4th wheel and new lugnuts arrive.

Anyway this pic provides a good contrast of old VS new... so here she is...

View attachment 226209

View attachment 226210

And a close up of the new wheels...
View attachment 226211

They are already dirty and need to be cleaned... lol

View attachment 226212

I will update this thread once I get the other two installed.
Nice! Maybe get a set of locks too? I recommend McGard, they fit custom wheels and are high quality. Their 24210 work on our rigs.

upload_2019-7-6_17-55-24.png

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Nice! Maybe get a set of locks too? I recommend McGard, they fit custom wheels and are high quality. Their 24210 work on our rigs.

View attachment 226235

I had a set of those on my old wheels... one of the tire places forgot to tighten one of them and it came off... so now I have a set of 3 of them.

My new lugnuts that I ordered when I bought these new wheels have locking lugs included... if they ever get delivered... lol

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a set of those on my old wheels... one of the tire places forgot to tighten one of them and it came off... so now I have a set of 3 of them.

My new lugnuts that I ordered when I bought these new wheels have locking lugs included... if they ever get delivered... lol
That’s why you always torque your lugs after the tire shop puts your wheels on. I never trust them. What did UPS tracking say about your missing wheel?

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
That’s why you always torque your lugs after the tire shop puts your wheels on. I never trust them. What did UPS tracking say about your missing wheel?

Its Fed Ex... but they evidently don't know their butt from a hole in the ground.

They delivered the first three wheels on Tuesday the 2nd. My wife called to inquire about the 4th wheel being missing and they told her it would be delivered between 1-6 PM on Wednesday the 3rd. I called to see what was up and they informed me that it was lost and they put out a trace on it. Needless to say it never showed up and they don't deliver on the 4th so I called them back on Friday the 5th to figure out what was going on. They updated the tracking at 9:20 AM on the 4th to say that it was still in Ellenwood, GA and the barcode was unreadable and a new label had been attached.

Since then I have talked to them several times. I reiterated how imperative it was that I get the wheel by Saturday because I was scheduled to have them put on and how my wife had already wasted 2 days waiting to sign for a package that never arrived. I even offered to pick it up from the warehouse in Jacksonville, FL if they would just get it there... all to no avail.

The updated tracking was showing scheduled delivery of Monday the 8th... Now it says Tuesday the 9th...:mad: :Angry: :banghead: :flame: :Rant:

Who knows... it may never show up.

I spoke with the place I bought the wheels from. They said if it doesn't show up they will send me another rim and tire and lugnuts.

I asked about being reimbursed for some or all of my shipping and they said they will have to file a claim with Fed Ex... given their track record that should only take a few years to resolve... lol

YukonXLMan

Reaction score
Really nice looking rims and custom caps! Curious if there is any perceived ride quality difference with the lower profile tires up front?

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
Really nice looking rims and custom caps! Curious if there is any perceived ride quality difference with the lower profile tires up front?

Thanks for the compliments.

Hard to tell at this point as I still have two of the old wheels and tires on it and I only drove it straight home from my brothers... about 65-70 miles... mostly interstate.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
Yes. Just wondering if it was really brittle and broke when removed.

You can see in the pic they are still intact but they weren't very old either.

They weren't terribly brittle but I replaced them not that long ago when one of them cracked and sprung a small leak that would cause the windshield to fog up above it.