K&N CAI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CAI. Are marketing. Yes slightly more noise, again illusion is power due to noise. I have the Mopar Factory CAI for my Charger Daytona HEMI but again part of the package, I probably wouldn’t go out of my way to get one.

I will probably however invest in the K&N Filters…..Cabin and Engine. I like the K&N for one main reason………removable and washable. I can remove when I get home, wash and let dry while I am sleeping. By the time I wake up It should be dry enough to re install. A little spritz of FeBreeze on the CAF during reinstallation will give a nice tropical scent for a couple of days……..If you can’t bring the vehicle to the tropics, bring the tropics to the vehicle”

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright everyone. Some agrees and disagrees.

I installed the K&N intake and here are my takeaways and replies to your comments.

This unit does pull fresh air (through a duct), so it is a true CAI. I had a "CAI" on my 4Runner which pulled from the engine bay and know that wasn't a true CAI. So, going into this, I knew this would be more true than my previous 4runner experience.

I agree the performance increase from one of these is minimal. Was I looking to make my Yukon track worthy and smoke rubber to annoy people? No. But the joy I get from hearing my engine when I get on it is huge. This makes the 6.2 sound as it should without an annoying, constant exhaust drone.

Installation was very straightforward and easy as long as you have some basic automotive knowledge. Like I said above, the sound is worth the cash for me.

Do you have stock exhaust, or did you upgrade the exhaust as well?

My take is that CAI is worth it when the amount of air exhausted is in proportion to the air intake. If you increase the intake with CAI, then the exhaust should also be improved with greater air flow (larger diameter pipes, for ex).

Thoughts?

OP
OP
A

A10MileHusker

Reaction score
Do you have stock exhaust, or did you upgrade the exhaust as well?

My take is that CAI is worth it when the amount of air exhausted is in proportion to the air intake. If you increase the intake with CAI, then the exhaust should also be improved with greater air flow (larger diameter pipes, for ex).

Thoughts?

I have the stock 6.2 dual exhaust. I definitely understand the thought process and think that is generally true. However, for something like this, I dont think it's necessary. Its only making a small difference in performance but if I were really looking to get a bunch of performance out of it and adding a supercharger or something like that as well, then I would see the exhaust upgrade being more necessary.