K&N CAI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A10MileHusker

Reaction score
Just ordered a K&N CAI for my 6.2. I've used K&N on my previous vehicles (2005 & 2019 4runner) with great results. Hoping for the same and more for the 6.2

Will post review once installed.

K&N Intake Link

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know about the newer model years, but my 07 6.2 has CAI built in OEM from the factory.

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure where either of the above 2 CAI units are pulling fresh air from, but if it is only from the engine bay (not from outside of the engine bay), then it is not really pulling in 'cold' air. If either of these CAI units are pulling fresh air from a hole through the engine bay wall, such as through the wheel well, then is is pulling in 'cold' air.

Z15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Basically cold air intakes and performance air filters make minimal HP increase and give the illusion of more HP simply because they make more noise over factory setups and people tend to justify their purchase by embellishing the performance and fuel economy.

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
some people just like to spend their money how they choose and mod away.... these units (like the factory design) do not pull air from the engine bay

OP
OP
A

A10MileHusker

Reaction score
Alright everyone. Some agrees and disagrees.

I installed the K&N intake and here are my takeaways and replies to your comments.

This unit does pull fresh air (through a duct), so it is a true CAI. I had a "CAI" on my 4Runner which pulled from the engine bay and know that wasn't a true CAI. So, going into this, I knew this would be more true than my previous 4runner experience.

I agree the performance increase from one of these is minimal. Was I looking to make my Yukon track worthy and smoke rubber to annoy people? No. But the joy I get from hearing my engine when I get on it is huge. This makes the 6.2 sound as it should without an annoying, constant exhaust drone.

Installation was very straightforward and easy as long as you have some basic automotive knowledge. Like I said above, the sound is worth the cash for me.

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have had a CAI on all my cars list in signature. I will say the most effective one was for my last M5....it was NIGHT and DAY difference when the turbos spooled up. These filters sat in the front grill area. Really need to look to see if there is any means to do a similar setup on the Yukon. Since my Cosra exhaust is set to ship out on Jan 6th, will be ordering there CAI as well...matchy matchy I suppose.

Living with that "M Tax" LOL. 241433953_10223543157939966_5844429204244286762_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt