Just took delivery!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmzvet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree. It’s just another forced “option” dealers have been getting away with the last few years. The worst are $500 door edge guards and “ceramic protection” for $750.
I bought the exact same door guards for $25 and a bottle of ceramic spray for $15. Spent 2hrs installing/ applying both.
Looking fwd to when we can buy a Vehicle the same way we buy everything else.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Photo of wheel lock. Very discreet.
View attachment 402280
That's a great design - didn't know it existed. I did a quick search on YouTube to see if anyone has shown how to defeat that style and none that I could see. I watched the Donut Media video and they defeated numerous wheel locks, but not that style. Do you know the part number for those locks? When I go to GMC accessories it still shows the McGard style with the locking pattern at the top. Those are the easiest of the bunch to defeat and look ugly.

jmzvet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s a set on ebay for $50. Appears legit.
Ebay item #

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are the wheel locks that come with the Reserve Package and the 22 wheels. For those worried about loosing the key for them, you can order a spare. You need the code from the manual that is inside the box they come in. I ordered a spare, just in case. There is one zip tied to the jack, and one in the glove box.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a set of those on my 23 suburban. And a set on the 23 Tahoe that is getting readied for delivery. I had no idea these were on there until I read this post and checked the box. very nice indeed.

ENTX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Agree. It’s just another forced “option” dealers have been getting away with the last few years. The worst are $500 door edge guards and “ceramic protection” for $750.
I bought the exact same door guards for $25 and a bottle of ceramic spray for $15. Spent 2hrs installing/ applying both.
Looking fwd to when we can buy a Vehicle the same way we buy everything else.
Can you share where you got the door edge guards? I'm looking for them now that I have scratched my door edge after dropping smth at a drive-through and bumping the door when I opened it to pick the item up :) thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AEHaas