Just saying Hi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MeNmyHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Purchased a 99 Tahoe LT 4x4. I am not a huge GM fan but I know the good ones from the bad ones. Essentially, in my experience, the 92-99 GMT400 units are the best trucks GM produced from any era.(Just my opinion)
Anyway, I have worked for nearly every auto manufacturer as a technician over the last 20 years and am currently a diesel tech for a very large transportation and logistics company. Well, I was. I took a promotion, so I am no longer wrenching every day. Some days (more than others, really) I wish I would have just kept on wrenching. Much less stress.
I hope to provide any help I can. I have quite a bit of experience with nearly every make out there and look forward to providing any insights that I can.

Vehicle stats:
1999 Chevy Tahoe 4dr LT 4x4 with 210k on the clock. I am the 3rd owner. Previous owners seemingly took very good care of the truck and it runs (knocks on wood) very strong. Tough to beat a L31 350 for everyday reliability. Only caveat being that it is a gas pig, but that is to be expected. As preventative maintenance, I have went through it and replaced the heater hoses, water pump bypass hoses, upper and lower radiator hoses, cleaned out the throttle body and iac ports/valve, cleaned up the EGR, flushed the cooling system, replaced the HVAC module, cleaned out the evap core, replaced some burned out interior bulbs, replaced the headlight, turn signal, and rear tail light assemblies, removed and refinished the wiper arms, removed and refinished the rear upper tail light trim, and replaced the spastic fuel gauge. I plan on adding some newer style factory 17 or 18" wheels, getting the start of some light cancer fixed on the passenger rear quarter panel, and refurbishing the tired burgundy (yuck) leather seats.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Joshua! Nice find on your well maintained Tahoe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts