Just picked up a '03 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

westcoast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What should the engine code be? I dont know what I am looking at.

I forgot and Im too lazy to go in the garage right now, but I know denali's and I know yours isnt a denali its just a yukon. another thing is your interior doesnt have the woodgrain interior amongst other things which is a standard denali feature.

Edit*** I just saw your above post sorry bro, Not trying to be mean, just wanna let you know the truth.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Twinrotor

Twinrotor

Reaction score
Im still pretty pissed, but I might keep it, it still books out for more than what I paid for it.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Ditto to what the guys have said. You got a knock-off.

It could still be a 6.0 in there if someone replaced the engine at some point. Check the actual engine for displacement (or have a GMC mechanic take a look at it...I'm sure they'd know immediately), not the VIN.

No CD changer in the base of the dash/console, either. Not sure if that was an optional feature.

I would definitely check Carfax if you haven't yet.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd get my money back just for the principle of it where you were told you were buying something you weren't and didn't know until deeper investigation. But like said, just as a Yukon on it's own it's still pretty clean so I could see if you just kept it too unless it comes back as a salvage title or something.

M3PO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with 07burb, you were mislead. If he sold you a Yukon, under the premise it is a Denali, and that is not true; what else may be wrong or misleading?

Sorry you got hoodwinked, hopefully you can give it back or renegotiate the price since it is not what you thought it was.

One more thing: did the owner actually say it was a "Denali?" or did you assume it was due to the front end and the owner's manual? Not saying you still were not mislead, but if he said it was a "Denali" then that is a real problem.

BlackDenali

Roof Rack ****
Reaction score
I'm a little late to the party but I would return to truck especially that you paid for denali. ****** Situation and tell your "good friend" he's a ************* :imo:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a little late to the party but I would return to truck especially that you paid for denali. ****** Situation and tell your "good friend" he's a ************* :imo:

Are ya sure you want to word it that nicely.... :lol:

OP
OP
Twinrotor

Twinrotor

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with him a little bit ago, he had no clue it wasn't a Denali, the dealership he works at did have a clue when they took it as a trade in (granted he works at Ford).

Its not like I can just take it back to him and say I want my money back. It is still a nice truck and still books for a lot more than what I paid for it. So what it isnt a Denali, I at least have a nice looking clone, and its 1 of 14 just like it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo