Just picked up a '03 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Twinrotor

Twinrotor

Reaction score
Everything under the hood says 6.0, has the vortec 6000 engine covers, I will have to actually look at the casting number on the back of the block to know for sure. It has every option except for a sunroof, as far as I can tell.

More pics
feb010.jpg
feb002.jpg
feb004.jpg

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see "Denali" stitched on the door panel either... :think:

westcoast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything under the hood says 6.0, has the vortec 6000 engine covers, I will have to actually look at the casting number on the back of the block to know for sure. It has every option except for a sunroof, as far as I can tell.

More pics
feb010.jpg
feb002.jpg
feb004.jpg

Hey Man Im not trying to burst your bubble or anything but that is NOT a denali. There are no such thing as a AutoTrac or even a 4WD Denali. They only come AWD.:secret:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well if its not, the sucker is going back.....

Sorry to tell ya man but I think someone did a front end conversion on you and sold you a "clone" and not really a good one at that. It's a nice rig and looks to be in good shape but definitely not a true Denali.

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

I'd also check the Carfax. It wouldn't surprise me if the Yukon has been wrecked before and that's when the front end conversion was done.... :shrug:

OP
OP
Twinrotor

Twinrotor

Reaction score
As far as I can tell with out taking half the motor apart it is a 6 liter.

If it is a clone it is a damn good one. Even down to the correct owners manuals and service books.

Guess I will be putting in a call to GM in the morning.

westcoast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
take a pic of the motor from both sides and post it up here. also look at the inside glovebox for the engine code.

OP
OP
Twinrotor

Twinrotor

Reaction score
take a pic of the motor from both sides and post it up here. also look at the inside glovebox for the engine code.

What should the engine code be? I dont know what I am looking at.

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:59 PM ----------

feb021.jpg
feb017.jpg
feb020.jpg
feb015.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

just found it l59, shows as a 5.3 liter. Im so pissed off I am fuming mad right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waiteben84

Latest posts