Just picked up a '03 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Twinrotor

Twinrotor

Reaction score
Still should be a good tow vehicle, if you are not looking to tow a huge boat or camper. What are you and the misses thinking about towing?
Before I got the Denali, I used to do motorcylce track days and many other trips with a '02 Tahoe Z71. It was great. The bikes were not heavy, but add a few bikes, a couple guys and their shit, it adds ups.
A little older, many broken bones, and nearly loosing my job later; I am thinking about slowing down and adding a camper to fleet since I got the tow vehicle. Big thing is local and reasonable storage.

Towing was the whole reason behind getting it. We already had a 93 Suburban that I was using to tow my Rx7 with, but it was starting to get up there in miles, and I was flat out just tired of fixing things on it.

redeuce

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No that came from here.

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7423

I put in my vin and it it said one of 14.

Im going to keep it, I might do the rest of the conversion but I doubt it. I have enough projects on my hand and I dont need this to turn into another one.

Don't keep it just because you think it's rare. Using that "how rare is your truck" software, most people are coming up with lower numbers than 1 of 14. Mine was one of one. I'd get the Carfax and make sure the front end wasn't wacked....

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine was 1 of 3 for my 'rare' 07 Burb :D it should be in a museum apparently :)

westcoast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol my tahoe according to that website is

Rarity...
There are 1 2004 TAHOE 4 DR 1/2 TON vehicles (0.000%) matching your exact options list. There are 1 (0.000%) with at least as many options.

OP
OP
Twinrotor

Twinrotor

Reaction score
Don't keep it just because you think it's rare. Using that "how rare is your truck" software, most people are coming up with lower numbers than 1 of 14. Mine was one of one. I'd get the Carfax and make sure the front end wasn't wacked....

Reading fail on your part, I got a carfax and its clean.

oakrdrs187

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what? mine gets 35 mpg! Yours doesn't??? :mexsmoke:

:lol:

I don't think my girls 99 Galant gets the 28mpg EPA claims, just filled up calculated my mpg's, Last time I topped off, reset it Clocked 300 miles, installed (because anything done to my cars that is more than $40 qualifies as a modification) 22 gallons, which took me to 13.63 mpg. Price I pay for not babying the throttle....

thumper_ehhhhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice truck. Sorry it didn't end up being what you expected. Look in your glove box there you will find the rpo codes and that should tell you all about the truck. I beleive you said someting about contacting Gm. All you need to do is give them your vin and they can send you a like of all options too. On a side note clean that engine compartment man. LMAO. I hope you enjoy your truck as much as we all do.

ILLEGAL REGAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dunno, I think I'd have to get my money back. For 10k you could be very close to a real denali with a 6liter

if not I'd at least get a little cash back from the good friend

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redoak76

Latest posts