Just ordered my 2-3/4 drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BLU AV8TR

Reaction score
Bad ass Brooks!! I'm running 305 30/26 and that's exactly the drop I want. What tires are you running on your 22s? Rubbing other than on linners???

OP
OP
C

crazycrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running the oem bridgestones. 285/45/22

No rubbing except for the liners. And it's not really noticeable. The driver rear inner tire rubs a little on the liner also. I think a panhard bar would solve this.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any compaints from the wife about the ride quality? Any problems with the driveshaft bottoming out on the transmission output shaft?

The reason I ask is I dont want to have to buy a trailing arm kit after like I did on my 04 cause the pinion angle was so off it would slam the driveshaft into the tranny just on moderate bumps before the DJM relocators.

I NEED to lower my wifes 07. The wheel gap is horrible. But I cant change the ride or the turning radius much.

OFF TOPIC - Were you in NOLA a few days back in your Dmax with a quad in the back? If not you have a twin.

OP
OP
C

crazycrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ride is not terrible, but it's definatly not stock!! Unsure about the driveshaft, I'll have to look into that one a little further.

Turning adius did not change as far as I can tell

And yes, I did pass thru NOLA on friday with my wheeler in the back. Good eye!!!

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You were selling some BT shocks right?

So are you using OE shocks with extenders now? Is it better?

OP
OP
C

crazycrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah selling bt shocks. Started with the oem with extenders. Wanted to try the bt's. But the wife rathers the stockers

nuttkaze

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ride is not terrible, but it's definatly not stock!! Unsure about the driveshaft, I'll have to look into that one a little further.

Turning adius did not change as far as I can tell

And yes, I did pass thru NOLA on friday with my wheeler in the back. Good eye!!!

Hey crazycrew..I was reading the post and the whole time i was thinking to myself your truck looks familiar. Until you said something about passing through New Orleans. Then I notice you are from Vacherie. I have a 07' yukon on 26'' diablo elite's "burgundy". I passed you in gramercy yesterday evening on my way to work. If you ever run across of some more 22'' factories give me a holler!!!!!! Your truck is badass. I always stare at it when I see it...LOL!!!! I want to go 2/4 drop, but im scared of rubbing issues. I have a 2'' rear drop springs now. I'm even debated going with the 24'' escalade wheels!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

crazycrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll keep you in mind man. Actually thinking bout selling mine from the wife's Tahoe.

Do you live in Gramercy? I know I would remember that kon if I saw it

Are u sure it was me you crossed? There is another truck that looks very similar to mine, but his is a gasser!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman