Just ordered BlueFusion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevyFreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you also have a gen 6 lockpick or gmx550 installed?

Green Machine,
I purchased Bluefusion from that eBay seller that you mentioned in an earlier post. Thanks for letting me know about that as I saved a bunch of money! I already had the GMX550 installed.

I just wanted to let you know that I have been using the GMX550 and Bluefusion for several weeks now without incident. I am not sure what is going on with your radio, but I think it is something more then just the lock pick and the Bluefusion combination.

Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ChevyFreak,

Thanks for the info. That helps a lot with my troubleshooting. It let's me know not to give up on BlueFusion just yet. Was getting ready to go with a Parrot system but I'm going to hold off for a little while longer.

chris_26

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just installed BlueFusion in my 08 Tahoe. The installation took 15 mins, and contrary to other reports, the unit fits behind the glove box JUST FINE. Works great on initial tests, I'll post again after I've used it for a month or so.

plush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed BlueFusion in my 08 Tahoe. The installation took 15 mins, and contrary to other reports, the unit fits behind the glove box JUST FINE. Works great on initial tests, I'll post again after I've used it for a month or so.

I think you got your reports confused. the only fit issue I have seen is getting the lockpick install behind the glovebox. At least in this thread everyone put in right where you put it.

Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the issue was that if you stick the BF box to the XM tuner like in Scosche's video, the glovebox cannot be closed. At least that was the case for me and someone else.

chris_26

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think you got your reports confused. the only fit issue I have seen is getting the lockpick install behind the glovebox. At least in this thread everyone put in right where you put it.

The confusion might be on your end. Like I said in my post, I installed behind the glove box. "Jades Dark Heart" and "Green Machine" both had issues with fit, which is why I commented on it.

Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
chris_26,

Do you have an XM tuner box behind your glovebox? Regardless, I'm glad everything fit. I'm amazed you got it all done in 15 minutes. Even if I knew all of the steps ahead of time, I don't think I could get it done that quickly.

I also thought maybe the fitment issue could be Hybrid specific (my truck) but it looks like Jades Dark Heart has a non-hybrid. So I'll throw that theory out the window.

OP
OP
Jades Dark heart

Jades Dark heart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
chris_26,

Do you have an XM tuner box behind your glovebox? Regardless, I'm glad everything fit. I'm amazed you got it all done in 15 minutes. Even if I knew all of the steps ahead of time, I don't think I could get it done that quickly.

I also thought maybe the fitment issue could be Hybrid specific (my truck) but it looks like Jades Dark Heart has a non-hybrid. So I'll throw that theory out the window.

Yeah I have an SLT and if you mount it to the XM module, you will NOT be able to close the glovebox. Its not a big deal to move it as you have seen, just really odd that the video shows it like that.

Either way its a great product. I use mine almost every second I am in my Yuk listening to music on my phone.

Greg

jarthead

Reaction score
Anybody running this with a non-nav system? I am wondering how the interface will work with an 07 SLT without nav. Would appreciate any feedback!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts