Just ordered BlueFusion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally done with the BlueFusion install. It only takes a few minutes to get it up and running but I spent quite a while tucking it all away.

I had to pop off the side cover of the dash, remove the grip handle, remove the A pillar, pop out the visor and clip, and then pop off part of the headliner to run the mic underneath it all.

Made one call while driving and the person I called appeared to be able to understand what I was saying. I haven't checked out the audio quality on the other end so that will be another test for me.

So far it has been worth the $89.95 I spent for it!

Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: BlueFusion works pretty well. Just takes some memorizing of the controls. The kit comes with a cheat sheet that is helpful. Audio quality is fine in the truck. It is a little jumbled on the other end but for me the caller's voice is easy to understand. Basically sounds like Voice Over IP setups (think Vonage and Ooma). I've also uploaded pic of where I stuck the BlueFusion box with some 3M double-sided adhesive. When I first stuck it to the XM tuner like in the video, I could not close the glove compartment. I now have it stuck to the frame to the right side of the glove compartment.

Attachments

• DSC06157.jpg
    DSC06157.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 90
OP
OP
Jades Dark heart

Jades Dark heart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: BlueFusion works pretty well. Just takes some memorizing of the controls. The kit comes with a cheat sheet that is helpful. Audio quality is fine in the truck. It is a little jumbled on the other end but for me the caller's voice is easy to understand. Basically sounds like Voice Over IP setups (think Vonage and Ooma). I've also uploaded pic of where I stuck the BlueFusion box with some 3M double-sided adhesive. When I first stuck it to the XM tuner like in the video, I could not close the glove compartment. I now have it stuck to the frame to the right side of the glove compartment.

I too stuck it to the XM module first just like the video. Couldnt close my glove box either. I put mine pretty much in the same place as you :)

Greg

plush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So did I read somewhere that this does not work with Gen6 LockPick? Both seem to be $239, any place cheaper and which one would you get first?

Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the Gen6. I have the GMX550 and BlueFusion and was having some problems. The stereo would frequently not turn on. I then emailed Scosche and got the following email:

"The Scoshe BlueFusion is not compatible with the GMX550. We recommend Parrot universal handsfree bluetooth device. Thanks and have a nice day!"

After removing BlueFusion I didn't have any stereo issues for about a week...until yesterday. Even without BlueFusion installed, the stereo wouldn't turn on. I was able to turn it on by pressing the Disc Eject button. So the stereo issue doesn't appear to be caused by BlueFusion but in my case did seem to be aggravated by it (I'd get the problem in about 1 in 4 tries). If hitting the Eject button turns out to be a solution, then I'll probably still live with my glitchy GMX550/BlueFusion combo.

Hope that helps.

UPDATE 7/15/11:
With the GMX550 and BlueFusion back in, the radio again wouldn't turn on this morning. For the second time now, hitting the Disc Eject button turned the radio on. So if others come across this glitch, try that button. I'll continue to test this out.

Last edited:

04ctd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So did I read somewhere that this does not work with Gen6 LockPick? Both seem to be $239, any place cheaper and which one would you get first?

what is Lock Pick?

forgive the stupid question...but why do you blue tooth your phone calls?

clarity?
hands free required in your area?
just to be cool?

i have a nice Navi Unit in the other truck, and a BT module is cheap, but i never could figure out why i would want to talk over the radio.

FWIW, i HATE talking on the phone, would rather text. a big part of that is having hearing loss (10% per military)
wife talks alot, but i don't really want to hear her talking about shopping

just kinda wondering out loud, am i missing out on something?

we had a "CAR PHONE" when they first came out, and they had speakerphone, was pretty cool in the early 90's.... :party33:

Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lockpick is a device that allows one to watch a movie on the head unit screen while the vehicle is moving and allows one to enter a destination into the NAV system while the vehicle is moving. There is also an Ipod option so that music and video can be played through the OEM system.

http://coastaletech.com/gen6lockpick.htm

Adding bluetooth is for hands free cell phone operation. In my state (CA), a driver can only use a cell phone through a hands free setup.

OP
OP
Jades Dark heart

Jades Dark heart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still very happy with my BF module. I have had it in my truck for a month now and people I talk to on the phone say they can hear me way better than they could on my Pioneer 8000BT that i had in my 04 Hoe, may she rest in peace.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar