Just ordered BlueFusion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigRed76

SeniorGroupbuyMember
Reaction score
I'm selling my unit in the for sale section if anyone is interested. Truly an amazing product and works as intended. My friend has it in his non-nav and the display simply reads "Bluefusion" when in use. Any questions PM me.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have factory nav, GMX550 LockPick, and use XM radio (using the factory module)... On amazon, it says:

"Customers buy this item with Scosche BFGMLANXMB BFGM Harness with XM Radio by Scosche $24.95"

Are you guys purchasing this additional harness or what? I'm about to pull the trigger on this and need to know if this is actually needed...

ChevyFreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have factory nav, GMX550 LockPick, and use XM radio (using the factory module)... On amazon, it says:

"Customers buy this item with Scosche BFGMLANXMB BFGM Harness with XM Radio by Scosche $24.95"

Are you guys purchasing this additional harness or what? I'm about to pull the trigger on this and need to know if this is actually needed...

Felix,
When I purchased mine it came with everything that was needed. It actually had two harnesses in the package. One was for use with the XM module, and the other was if you wanted to plug it into the back of the radio (head unit).

Because I also have a GMX 550 and use XM I used the plug for the XM module.

I am not sure the exact product you are looking at, but the one I purchased (although through eBay) was the exact one you can buy directly from the company itself. It included everything. :think:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Felix,
When I purchased mine it came with everything that was needed. It actually had two harnesses in the package. One was for use with the XM module, and the other was if you wanted to plug it into the back of the radio (head unit).

Because I also have a GMX 550 and use XM I used the plug for the XM module.

I am not sure the exact product you are looking at, but the one I purchased (although through eBay) was the exact one you can buy directly from the company itself. It included everything. :think:

Thanks for the info!

I was going to order this one from amazon from a buyer that has one listed as 'Used/Like New':
http://www.amazon.com/Bluefusion-Ha...Q2SC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317650907&sr=8-1

It's 78.99 + 5 ship and his description says:
New Open Box. All Accessories Included. Manufacturer Warranty Applies. Same Day Shipping.

BUT,on the main amazon page for that, it says:
Customers buy this item with Scosche BFGMLANXMB BFGM Harness with XM Radio by Scosche $24.95

Just confused as if I actually need that or if it will come with everything I need...

flatus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
sorry for reviving an old thread, but i've purchase a similar product by isimple.

here's the link:
http://www.amazon.com/Isimple-Bluetooth-Add-On-Module-Iphone/dp/B003ZYRFPG

i'm really struggling with running the microphone wire from the rearview mirror to the glovebox. from the scosche install video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjCWKd721dk

they make it look like the microphone wire/cable is held simply by friction under the headliner. i cannot get my wire to stay put. it could be that the isimple product has a smaller diameter wire.

can anyone give me any advice on how to install this in a professional-appearing and durable fashion? is there a way to loosen the headliner to get the wire further back under there? should I add some wraps of electrical tape to get the wire to a larger diameter so it will "stick".

thanks!

Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm really struggling with running the microphone wire from the rearview mirror to the glovebox. from the scosche install video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjCWKd721dk

they make it look like the microphone wire/cable is held simply by friction under the headliner. i cannot get my wire to stay put. it could be that the isimple product has a smaller diameter wire.

can anyone give me any advice on how to install this in a professional-appearing and durable fashion? is there a way to loosen the headliner to get the wire further back under there? should I add some wraps of electrical tape to get the wire to a larger diameter so it will "stick".

thanks!

I have the Bluefusion unit. I remember the video made it look really easy but I also had problems getting the mic wire to stay. IIRC I ended up removing the passenger side visor, then carefully bending down the headliner without creasing it, and then tucking the wire up in there as far as I could. I may have used a stick to help tuck it. It's been over a year and it has stayed in place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar