Just had my third row stolen in dallas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beagleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why do people even still steal this shit when they cant get full price? Now my glass wont close. They came in through the glass and my alarm didnt go off. How can i protect against this?

And they wonder why folks carry GUNS ! Such a personal violation...... we have LOTS of that sort of stuff here in British Columbia, and the cops don't do much if anything about it, and the owner is liable for the repair costs or insurance deductible............ so unfair and needless...... this kind of story just infuriates me..... I guess because it is something I would NEVER think to do let alone do it.....

WTSHARK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Being the victim of any crime sucks- "WE" (productive, hard-working and honest members of society) bust our rear-ends to provide for our families, remain productive and positive members of society and get the job done- The "others" (those that choose to steal, lie, cheat, refuse to work, etc) will continue to take advantage and plunder a system that allows them to. Having said that, (and I'm sure this has already been posted by others in the thread), if you can "prove" those seats are yours (either a build sheet, vin, some other ID that ties those seats to your vehicle) and you reported them stolen to the local Police, you could probably get them back and help to end this bone-head's "business" of selling stolen parts on Craigslist as a revenue stream and he'd be forced to either get a real job or some other variance. Reporting the theft and reporting your discovery will help, hopefully Dallas PD Detectives can sting this ****** and get your (and anyone else's stuff back), especially if you can prove those are the seats out of your truck.
Sadly, typically the only ones who suffer for crime such as this are the victim, their family and the persons who "do the right thing" who are in-convenienced and forced to jump through multiple hoops for little to no satisfaction. I'm cynical, I'll be the first to admit it- 26+ years as a cop did it to me, but I'm also very aware of the impact this type of thing has, time-wise, money-wise and the overall feelings of being stolen from- For that, I'm sorry.
I will say that while Karma isn't fast or instant in most cases, it IS RELENTLESS.... just takes a while to circle back around sometimes. Hang in there- it sucks, but try not to let the "shit-birds" ruin your trip. I know that's easier said than done. Good luck, be safe-

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What year is your Esky? I think the glass and interior motion sensor and tow sensors were added in sometime in 2010-2012 along with different glass and a locking steering column.

Sure hope the police bring them to justice.

Did I read right that you attempted to meet with the thief? He probably spotted you first doing counter-surveillance and took off.
my 2012 has a locking steering column but those sensors were not added until 2015 or after maybe 2016/17
I have added a viper alarm with those extra sensors, mine picks up sound, has gps & 4g so it triggers the alarm horn, car horn and a loud piezo horn inside the truck and sends me a phone app alert, text and email and buzzes the 2-way keyfob.

09Tahoe4Now

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If possible engrave your VIN, along with a personal number or word (only that would have meaning to you) on the metal frame on the bottom of the seat. Nice neat and clean out of the way. Also record it with a picture in your phone for future reference. There's no thief in their right mind that can claim a personal code/word or your vehicle VIN. It will make it easy for prosecution and recovery. I'm always searching for engravings like this on parts that I purchase off CL and if I think the seller is being dishonest, I won't buy. I will also turn over the information to the local PD as a possible theft, along with a screen shot of the ad, cellphone number of the seller, vehicle ID and any identifying information. I love a deal but I won't get one off the back of someone else who's been robbed, burglarized, etc.

I recently had my enclosed trailer stolen after loading it to the brim with new parts, electronics, and a few overflow items from our garage. The only downside is that I had no idea the trailer would be stolen before I had the chance to unload it, therefore I did not do an inventory of "everything going in". I lost my butt on that, not to include receiving back a totaled trailer, $300 tow bill (insurance reimbursed), paid deductible for the total loss...and of course a rise in premium on my new trailer. The impact of a theft not only hits one policy but it hits all the policies in that local area of the "high thefts". IT SUCKS!!

My neighbor, who is also one of my church members, asked me if I was serious about shooting someone who burglarized my home or our vehicles??? I was like "I hope they believe in God as much as I do because if they come through that door without being a resident, I'll help them relocate to a better resting place!". Trust me, I value life but I won't place anyone else's life over my familys' life or mine. It's funny because our pastor stood in the pulpit and stated that if someone did a home invasion on his home he'd shoot them and go to God for forgiveness later LOL People need to learn to respect other people's property. Mind you, that same neighbor now owns two firearms LOL Go figure.

MajorJakkov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
feel like it might be hard to prove this one to the police. i thought OP stated he has a yukon and the seats listed appear to be from an escalade unless he has a pic of the kids sitting in the backseat that shows the emblems clearly or something

Reaction score
Apparently OP has two sets of these seats and these ones weren't the originals.

I have a second set at my house. The original black seats.

Quoted from earlier post in this thread.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076