Just bought a 2011 Tahoe z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dngrmse

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Like the title says, just picked up this 2011 z71(173k miles) from a local Mini Cooper dealer that someone traded in. I didn't have great expectations when I went to lok at it, but honestly was blown away by how clean and well kept it was. Body is excellent, interior super clean aside from a few minor cracks in the dash, and a relatively rust-free underside. The test drive sealed the deal for me. My previous truck was a 2003 Denali which was totaled when a large branch from the oak tree in our backyard totaled it shortly before the pandemic. We've been a one-car family ever since. My plans are to get a black grill, bull bar, Range AFM module and possibly a cargo basket. Im good with the stock height, so no plans to lift it. I also have to find the plastic step that sits on top of the running board, this one has a crack and a small piece missing. Looking forward to patcipating in the group. MyNew2011TahoeLT-Z71 package.jpg

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome!

My advice is to ditch the Z71 side steps and get the standard plastic steps! They are grippier and there is actually space to step for the rear passengers.
They look better IMHO as well..

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome back to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

OP
OP
D

Dngrmse

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! The rims are from like a 2015, I imagine it may have had some fifferent rims on her at some point, I do see signs of some rubbing on the inner wheel well. Ill definitely check for the spacer, she currently has bilsteins installed.