Journey has started.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DuraYuk

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's great news if your order is actually moving forward into production with the diesel and Luxury package. Let us know when you are able to confirm that with the dealer.

I'm curious about your dealer. Is it one of the larger dealers in your area? I assume it must be larger if you were able to get a diesel allocation so quickly.
My dealer is medium sized. Family owned and very known locally. They told me 3 months has been their average fulfilment even for diesel. I told them im happy if it comes before February. Anything faster is cherry on top!

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope for us it's true! I will say the GM chat that confirmed was an actual person. I checked a little later and another chat person also said the same thing !

Fingers crossed for us both ! When did you place your initial order ?
Ordered a 2022 on March 30th. Didn't get picked up as a 2022 so order was rolled over to a 2023 (new order number) on June 28th.

I went to the GMC.com site on my iPhone - when you click on the chat icon it opens up a text message thread with GMC. I asked about my order status on there and it was very clearly a bot which then said "Your order has been submitted by your dealer, but not yet officially accepted by GM."

I'll try again next Friday and hopefully hear back from my dealer in the meantime...

2023 Yukon XL SLE - Duramax - Max Tow - Pro Safety Plus - Front Row Bench - Summit White

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm seeing some "hope" as well. Based on what a few others have said, I decided to contact GMC chat to check on my order. The last I talked to the dealer he said he was still waiting on a diesel allocation. Well after contacting the chat service and asking for an actual advisor, "JC" told me that my status was "2051". I don't see that exact status listed in my cheat sheet but it definitely sounds better than "1100" :) I asked if there was a TPW scheduled yet and they said no.

I need to contact my dealer to find out if that is really true. I would have thought if he had gotten a diesel allocation he would have let me know...We will see...

OP
OP
DuraYuk

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm seeing some "hope" as well. Based on what a few others have said, I decided to contact GMC chat to check on my order. The last I talked to the dealer he said he was still waiting on a diesel allocation. Well after contacting the chat service and asking for an actual advisor, "JC" told me that my status was "2051". I don't see that exact status listed in my cheat sheet but it definitely sounds better than "1100" :) I asked if there was a TPW scheduled yet and they said no.

I need to contact my dealer to find out if that is really true. I would have thought if he had gotten a diesel allocation he would have let me know...We will see...
My dealer said to check back with them in a week for more details. Currently I have talked to 3 different chat advisors and each one has said my order has been accepted. The last one said I should have a TPW shortly. So i think we are gonna be good to go :) wish you the same luck !!

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer said to check back with them in a week for more details. Currently I have talked to 3 different chat advisors and each one has said my order has been accepted. The last one said I should have a TPW shortly. So i think we are gonna be good to go :) wish you the same luck !!
I'm glad for you that you are getting a consistent message from GM chat. Since I got the "your order is accepted and working toward production" from a real person I've since checked a few more times. A couple of times the virtual assistant answered my request and told me "not yet accepted by GM" and then another time I got a real person, which also said "not yet accepted by GM" - I'm betting that I got a person that mixed up the event codes and told me the wrong thing. Oh well, I knew it was a long shot that my order actually was moving forward...

OP
OP
DuraYuk

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad for you that you are getting a consistent message from GM chat. Since I got the "your order is accepted and working toward production" from a real person I've since checked a few more times. A couple of times the virtual assistant answered my request and told me "not yet accepted by GM" and then another time I got a real person, which also said "not yet accepted by GM" - I'm betting that I got a person that mixed up the event codes and told me the wrong thing. Oh well, I knew it was a long shot that my order actually was moving forward...
Lol I've asked a real advisor more then i care to admit with the same accepted answer.
This was my latest direct response:

Advisor person: "" I have exhausted my resources and found that your vehicle order has been accepted by GMC and is working toward the production process. We do not have a target production week as we speak. The Target Production Week is not visible yet as the assembly plant is working to narrow the timeframe for the most accurate date.""

Event code : 2030

Dealer still hasn't been able to verify on their end but im reserving judgement on that until at least Friday. Will update as I receive news and different status. Good luck to us all! :)

Last edited:

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I heard back from my Inventory Manager. Even though my event code may have moved past 1100 to 2051, that doesn't necessarily mean they had an allocation. This was news to me. He said he is still waiting on a diesel allocation. According to him, it isn't until I get to "3000" (Order accepted by Production Control) that shows I have an allocation and all constraints have been addressed. I may have misunderstood the meaning of some of these event codes.

OP
OP
DuraYuk

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I heard back from my Inventory Manager. Even though my event code may have moved past 1100 to 2051, that doesn't necessarily mean they had an allocation. This was news to me. He said he is still waiting on a diesel allocation. According to him, it isn't until I get to "3000" (Order accepted by Production Control) that shows I have an allocation and all constraints have been addressed. I may have misunderstood the meaning of some of these event codes.
Yes I believe 2051 means order edited via web. Maybe your dealer had to modify it.

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I believe 2051 means order edited via web. Maybe your dealer had to modify it.
Yes and he said that was because he had to change the order to the correct interior color a couple weeks ago. But my point is I'm not convinced the order has really moved past 1100 status since he said he hasn't gotten a diesel allocation yet. I've read from several other people on this forum that the GM chat and dealer can sometimes give conflicting info. I've also been told that the dealer is probably correct. I hope that your dealer has actually gotten a diesel allocation and your order is moving forward.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157