Journey has started.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Figured I'd join the sub ive been lurking at.

Been paying attention to all the ordering posts etc.

I made the leap and placed an order for a 2023 yukon slt frosted pine duramax with premium luxury package , max tow, floor liners, dark walnut and slate interior.

Placed it around sept3 have order number but of course gm hasn't actually accepted it yet.

Based on constraints if i get it before February i will be happy.

Dealer told me expect 3 months which would be amazing.

I will post an update every Thursday to let inquiring minds see the process.

Was in the market for 23 sequoia but mpg, space and hopefully quicker availability pushed me toward the yukon.

Wife is a huge import fan so hopeful GM doesn't disappoint. I used to be a tech years ago so I know what to expect.

Anyways some interesting things so far: haven't seen a real pic or video of a frosted pine yukon lol. I cross referenced some other paint codes and have an idea but still weird.

Picked the lighter interior hope i don't regret it. Just want some more light in there.

I want all the safety and options I picked so I will not be pushing the order until it's perfect. No way im gonna pay almost 80k for no adaptive cruise, memory, or lane assistance.

Also anyone care to share how aggressive the lane keep assist is ? Our toyotas practically drive themselves with lane trace and adaptive crisis. Hoping for it to be similar :)

I know 2024 will be facelift and potentially getting the new diesel I hope I don't regret my 23 but figured could always trade up if needed.

Thanks in advance!!

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach&Queens!!

Hopefully your wait will not be more then 3 months.

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! My wait from my original order date is nearly 5 months, and vehicle should be at dealer on the 5th of october which would be 5 months to the day from our original order. It was a 22 that didnt get picked up so, had to reorder in mid june. Hope yours is a fairly smooth process. Just a note, many are still waiting for their 22s to get finished and are at midlothian, so try to stay patient. Its hard to do, as i struggle to wait for mine.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Figured I'd join the sub ive been lurking at.

Been paying attention to all the ordering posts etc.

I made the leap and placed an order for a 2023 yukon slt frosted pine duramax with premium luxury package , max tow, floor liners, dark walnut and slate interior.

Placed it around sept3 have order number but of course gm hasn't actually accepted it yet.

Based on constraints if i get it before February i will be happy.

Dealer told me expect 3 months which would be amazing.

I will post an update every Thursday to let inquiring minds see the process.

Was in the market for 23 sequoia but mpg, space and hopefully quicker availability pushed me toward the yukon.

Wife is a huge import fan so hopeful GM doesn't disappoint. I used to be a tech years ago so I know what to expect.

Anyways some interesting things so far: haven't seen a real pic or video of a frosted pine yukon lol. I cross referenced some other paint codes and have an idea but still weird.

Picked the lighter interior hope i don't regret it. Just want some more light in there.

I want all the safety and options I picked so I will not be pushing the order until it's perfect. No way im gonna pay almost 80k for no adaptive cruise, memory, or lane assistance.

Also anyone care to share how aggressive the lane keep assist is ? Our toyotas practically drive themselves with lane trace and adaptive crisis. Hoping for it to be similar :)

I know 2024 will be facelift and potentially getting the new diesel I hope I don't regret my 23 but figured could always trade up if needed.

Thanks in advance!!
Not to be mr negative but diesel is heavy constraint and max tow is also. I placed order for suburban diesel month ago and I don’t expect it to get picked up. I think I’d rather wait for the 24’ refresh and the new Diesel engine.

Steebu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, hope the journey ends well for you.

Frosted Pine shares a paint code with another vehicle - I can’t remember which - maybe the Caddy XT5? If I find it I’ll post it here.

I’m also curious what that color actually looks like - 3D renders on the website are very inaccurate - and I haven’t been able to find that color on a Yukon in the wild.

Edit: OK, dug up the post. Caddy’s Dark Emerald Metallic shares the same paint code as Frosted Pine Metallic.

The CT5-V shows the color in bright light:

Last edited:
OP
OP
DuraYuk

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to be mr negative but diesel is heavy constraint and max tow is also. I placed order for suburban diesel month ago and I don’t expect it to get picked up. I think I’d rather wait for the 24’ refresh and the new Diesel engine.
Yes I'm aware of the constraints. But it's looking promising. Demand in the whole industry is waning and cars/trucks are starting to pile up at the lots again.

So I remain hopeful. I know my options are on constraint/harder to get but the suv wouldn't fit my needs without the options I requested.

Im really surprised things like adaptive cruise , memory seats, and lane assistance isn't standard across the board for the price. Even civics and corollas come more loaded stock.

I bet we see it standard in 24. It's also crazy that they have a facelift scheduled for 24 when usually the full size suvs stay stagnant for most of its life cycle.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I'm aware of the constraints. But it's looking promising. Demand in the whole industry is waning and cars/trucks are starting to pile up at the lots again.

So I remain hopeful. I know my options are on constraint/harder to get but the suv wouldn't fit my needs without the options I requested.

Im really surprised things like adaptive cruise , memory seats, and lane assistance isn't standard across the board for the price. Even civics and corollas come more loaded stock.

I bet we see it standard in 24. It's also crazy that they have a facelift scheduled for 24 when usually the full size suvs stay stagnant for most of its life cycle.
The HD surround vision and lane keep assist are standard on all the Silverado trims now so I’m sure that will happen for suvs too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
korzone