Any good resources on how to install an oil catch can?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

exzelz

Reaction score
I just bought an oil catch can, an Evil Energy can, I know where I am going to mount it, but I am just unsure of how to install it in my truck.

I have a 2007 Tahoe 5.3

RET423

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It goes inline between the pcv on the drivers side valve cover and the intake manifold port; no changes to the passenger side connection.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there's a big thread around here somewhere but yes, just inline with the vacuum line from intake to valve cover for a basic 2 port.

make sure you have the metal mesh scrubber looking stuff in it, that's what actual collects the oil from the air passing thru and the correct inlet and outlet so air flows thru in the correct direction.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm reasonably sure that YouTube has videos on the installation of an oil catch can. I'm surprised that a set of instructions did not come with the oil catch can that you purchased.

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
use the search function here. There are many many threads on how to do it.

Last edited:

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm reasonably sure that YouTube has videos on the installation of an oil catch can. I'm surprised that a set of instructions did not come with the oil catch can that you purchased.

I think I have a Amazon evil energy too and it had a very basic instructions. nothing about where to put it on our trucks since they don't really have a pvc valve stuck in a valve cover like the old days.

he probably just wanted to double check before cutting a plastic line in half. feels sketchy haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts