JL Audio Stealthbox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jb27

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm thinking about picking up a JL Audio Stealthbox for my '10 Tahoe. I've had 10" subs in a few of my past vehicles and they're good enough for me. I really want to keep all my seating/cargo space so the stealthbox seems to make sense.

Just wondering if anyone has any tips as far as dampening to eliminate any unwanted rattling and vibration noises from the console. Is this something I definately need to do? I'm assuming it would be best to do this during the install while everything is taken apart.

Thanks for your tips in advance....

gibsonm21

Reaction score
Unless your plan with the sound deadener is to try to eliminate unwanted road noise, it won't help you much. The Stealthbox "fires" down on the transmition hump(bended metal), so it unlikely that you will have rattling from the sub, plus you wouldn't/shouldn't be pushing that many watts (about 300) to that w1. The only place that dynamat would help on the center console is where the console and the metal supports for the dash meet.

If eliminating road noise is your goal, then pull out the check book, because you're gonna need alot of deadener

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EliCamarillo