It bugs me that 35’s don’t fit...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It bugs me that 35’s don’t fit a stock fender...

I’m not interested in lifting the truck more than 2 inches, but with the lift, I want the tire to be able to compress into the wheel well. I want added travel with that lift.

I really don’t think the wife will let me install fiberglass fenders... already have that on my prerunner.

but I’d like to get rid of the mrc and install a nice 2.5 coilover in front and shock out back... maybe even a bypass although the clicks would make my wife kill me.

how much trimming to shove a 35 on a 0 offset wheel with just a level or max inch or two lift?
15 Yukon xL
https://norcaltruck.com/2007-5-2013-chevy-gm-large-fender-mod

"Norcal Fender Mod" is what you are looking for.

Yes you have to cut some, but you retain the stock liner, and a stock look.

OP
OP
F

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The reason behind the 35 goal is clearance on trails.

The jeep clubs have the contracts to maintain almost every trail, including the wide ones to and from ghost towns etc.
If not them, the raptor clubs.

they maintain them to a 35 inch tire to axle clearance.

a 33 with lockers is scrapable. A 31 with lockers is miserable. The very same trail on 35’s with a lsd is just a bumpy ride.

that’s the reason I’m focusing on 35’s.

DWTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP might want to check out pirate4x4. Those guys don't have any issue cutting up any vehicle. I'm sure you can get 35"s on it, it's just a matter of how much Sawzall you want to use. Most of the Colorado trails I used to run are too narrow for my Tahoe, but I like my paint.

As others have pointed out, hard core wheeling is not really what these trucks are designed or marketed for. They aren't Jeeps, Yotas, or new Broncos. They will definitely handle it, but cosmetically they will pay the price. Good luck and make sure you post pics when it's done, I love seeing others mods. :)

OP
OP
F

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get it. But even for easy trails now, they are maintained for a certain tire to axle clearance.

trails that were once blue of green depending on your book, are now 35 and high clearance required.

blue and green used to be 31 and 4wd.

kind of sad.

It’s the number 1 reason behind fiberglass on my colorado
A30B4D5B-B9EB-490C-9CFC-B5168EFA9610.jpeg

OP might want to check out pirate4x4. Those guys don't have any issue cutting up any vehicle. I'm sure you can get 35"s on it, it's just a matter of how much Sawzall you want to use. Most of the Colorado trails I used to run are too narrow for my Tahoe, but I like my paint.

As others have pointed out, hard core wheeling is not really what these trucks are designed or marketed for. They aren't Jeeps, Yotas, or new Broncos. They will definitely handle it, but cosmetically they will pay the price. Good luck and make sure you post pics when it's done, I love seeing others mods. :)

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score

These trucks are definitely land yachts, not trail rigs.

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't listen to the haters. Build this '15 up like it was a Wrangler and treat it as such. Just please keep a photo log for us when you're out on the trails having a few beers and decide to see how far you can max the travel out. Will be great meme material. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh

Latest posts