Is there a way to keep my 2023 in Sport drive mode?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Derol

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just got my 2023 Tahoe RST last week. The default drive is normal. I switch it to sport mode but every time i turn the car off and then later turn it on, it reverts to normal mode. Is there any way to save my setting so that it stays in sport mode (the way you can save the seat memory)? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ole

Danimalx87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't believe so. Settings like this, auto-start-stop, fog lamps all need to be enabled/disabled each time the truck is started. The only annoyance I was able to turn off was the buckle to drive, in the vehicle settings.

I was actually surprised at how little customization was available through the settings, I had hoped for more.

texasdriver

Reaction score
I don't believe that is possible. In order for GM to publish the EPA MPG figures they do, they have to revert the truck back to Touring/Normal every time to shut the truck off.

OP
OP
D

Derol

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't believe so. Settings like this, auto-start-stop, fog lamps all need to be enabled/disabled each time the truck is started. The only annoyance I was able to turn off was the buckle to drive, in the vehicle settings.

I was actually surprised at how little customization was available through the settings, I had hoped for more.
Same here. Very little customization options. So lame.

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
agree on the lack of customization
I don't know if the mileage argument carries water, some higher end manufacturers keep the settings through a restart for example.

greg_tahoe84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to program-code to keep auto start stop off and keep mode to sport?

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to program-code to keep auto start stop off and keep mode to sport?
No way to keep it in sport mode.

Auto-start stop can be kept off by adding this wire harness. Mine is in the mail and will be installed soon, but others on the forum all have reported it works great and keeps it off for good.

SCiesie154

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I run my 2022 Yukon in L9, the Auto Stop Start does not come on in that gear. I also think the DFM does not operate in L9, however I cannot confirm the DFM operation.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still don't see the point of sport mode on a 6K pound brick grocery getter. Ain't nothing sporty about them IMO but I'm also not a very aggressive driver

EducatorDan

Reaction score
I still don't see the point of sport mode on a 6K pound brick grocery getter. Ain't nothing sporty about them IMO but I'm also not a very aggressive driver
My wife and I got a kick out of "sport mode" (showing a checkered starting line graphics and everything) and the "terrain modes" available when messing with the transfer case controls.

My Smartass: "Hey Baby, wanna go to Indianapolis or Moab?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo