Is the Tahoe 6.2 same as Silverado engine and chassis

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
want to know is Tahoe same chassis as truck Silverado. Also is the 6.2 same engine in the Silverado truck. The Tahoe chassis look slim not truck like I’m used to seeing ford trucks chassis not sure if the Tahoe and Silverado have same chassis.

01FormulaTA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
want to know is Tahoe same chassis as truck Silverado. Also is the 6.2 same engine in the Silverado truck. The Tahoe chassis look slim not truck like I’m used to seeing ford trucks chassis not sure if the Tahoe and Silverado have same chassis.

Tahoe is a full-size, Body on Frame SUV.....obviously its not the exact same chassis but all the Tahoes are based off the full size truck platforms of the same year, ie GMT900 Tahoe is based off the GMT900 Silverado, and yes the 6.2s are the same between both vehicles, in the US I think 2009 was the only year you could get a 6.2 in NNBS Tahoe which would have been an L9H which would have also been the same RPO for the 6.2 in a 2009 Silverado...newer 2015+ Tahoes and 2014+ Silverados have the Gen V 6.2 and would be either the L86 or L87 6.2

OP
OP
Jorge1313

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow I’m amazed at how much Chevy people in this forum know thank for answering my question I thought it be same chassis.

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow I’m amazed at how much Chevy people in this forum know thank for answering my question I thought it be same chassis.

Same front suspension and front frame to mid-cab; different back with different rear suspension.

OP
OP
Jorge1313

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The year I want to know is 18 year model still want to know if the frame is the same as the truck same frame the chassis is same thickness and width .

b4z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s a shorter wheelbase but essentially the same size frame rails etc, but it has springs in the rear instead of leafs. Springs ride better.