Is it an LT or LTZ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xypher

I Like It Loud
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey all! Looking to replace my wife’s 02 Tahoe with an 07 suburban as our family needs the room. A local dealer has a nice one we’re looking at and has it listed as an LTZ. I ran the VIN through a decoder and it’s coming up as an LT, not LTZ. The vehicle has had the emblems shaved (so annoying) so I can’t really tell from the pics. If I post a link to the sale add can someone let me know what they think? I plan on going to look at it Wednesday.
One pic shows Z71 in the gauge cluster, also would like to know if that’s legit too. Thanks in advance!

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like an ltz to me but maybe someone knows better

Edit, i take that back its a z71.. bumper and flates give it away i missed the first time

Edit 2, looks like its got common issues for year but i did notice a large stain on drivers side headliner.. prob sunroof drains but something to consider in your offer...

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is an LT with Z71 package. The LTZ has woodgrain trim, chrome mirror caps, a different front bumper, different fog lights, different different gauge cluster, no fender flares, and it would have electronic suspension.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is an LT with Z71 package. The LTZ has woodgrain trim, chrome mirror caps, a different front bumper, different fog lights, different different gauge cluster, no fender flares, and it would have electronic suspension.
Tanks mikey

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, highest option package for Z71 was LT, not LTZ. Couldn't get the VIN unless I contacted the dealer, didn't do that.

Go over it with a fine tooth comb, check for rust and rot underneath, etc.

OP
OP
Xypher

Xypher

I Like It Loud
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You all are awesome. I did manage to get the VIN which is why I questioned the LTZ claim. Thanks everyone!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like you have your answer(s). So, I'll just say "uhn tiss uhn tiss un tiss, baby..."

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think a lot of dealer software (from used car lots, not new car dealers) don't have an option for Z71 and they populate as LTZ based on the VIN because I've seen a lot of Z71's listed from used car dealer's as LTZ's. Also, if I'm not mistaken 2007 and 2008 LTZ get listed as an option package on top of an LT trim level because I've noticed taxes and insurance seem to be cheaper for the early LTZ's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melsayed