Is anyone running all-terrain tires in the stock size?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PepperHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have stock sized 18" Goodyear Duratracs.55db0de15343be2522355334bcafd825.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
How is the ride with the Duratrac's? Is there a lot of noise from the tires when you're on the highway? I have a 2019 and want to stay with the stock 18 inch wheels.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
How is the ride with the Duratrac's? Is there a lot of noise from the tires when you're on the highway? I have a 2019 and want to stay with the stock 18 inch wheels.
I ran a set of duratrac tires on an 03 Z71 burb and they were pretty loud and got louder as they wore. I didn't mind but my wife did. I will say they were a great tire off the pavement.

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nitto Ridge Grapplers or Terra Grapplers or Falcon Wildpeaks? What are your thoughts? I’m on the market for new tires soon and want a little more aggressive tread pattern but was worried that they may be too loud for highway driving. Currently have the Goodyear Wrangler SR-A. They are quite and smooth. Keeping the tire size stock 275/55/20. Any feedback/recommendations appreciated.
78fc43138ff28bb78fef9031cce24529.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GreyStone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nitto Ridge Grapplers or Terra Grapplers or Falcon Wildpeaks? What are your thoughts? I’m on the market for new tires soon and want a little more aggressive tread pattern but was worried that they may be too loud for highway driving. Currently have the Goodyear Wrangler SR-A. They are quite and smooth. Keeping the tire size stock 275/55/20. Any feedback/recommendations appreciated.
78fc43138ff28bb78fef9031cce24529.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am currently running the Terra Grapplers. They are definitely louder than Michelins or most Goodyears, the noise does not bother me - but I am pretty forgiving of most things truck related, it could possibly annoy someone with sensitive ears or music enthusiasts listening to the radio. They don't really humm or rumble - kinda have their own sound hard to describe, but you know they are there. That being said - they are great tires, super grippy tread, real nice highway ride, smooth and stable, corner well. I personally like them very much.L5.jpg

nglauer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the Goodyear Duratracs on my 15 Tahoe and they have been pretty impressive so far. I don't think they really that much noisier than the BFG AT KO2 tires I had on my truck. I spend 70-80% of my time on dirt and gravel access roads, occasional creek crossings and mud. The traction is excellent.

GreyStone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the Goodyear Duratracs on my 15 Tahoe and they have been pretty impressive so far. I don't think they really that much noisier than the BFG AT KO2 tires I had on my truck. I spend 70-80% of my time on dirt and gravel access roads, occasional creek crossings and mud. The traction is excellent.

Duratracs are remarkable off road and snow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Turbo6111

Latest posts