Is any1 using or used any Castrol full syn?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone using any of the Castrol full syn line? Any pros and cons?

My 17’ hoe’s last fill was with 0w-20 edge. It’s at 70k. I’m a valvoline guy on my 11’ PPV and 05’ s2000. I’m wondering whether to keep going with Castrol or Valvoline

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I know there will be a few giggles about this but I use 10w-30 full synthetic oil from Amazon Basics. It is made at Warren Distribution in Omaha, Nebraska. Turns out that Warren makes full synthetic oils for numerous motor oil suppliers. Check out this test video and compare the results.

IMG_0415.JPG IMG_0416.JPG

James Ward

2015 Tahoe LT
Reaction score
I know there will be a few giggles about this but I use 10w-30 full synthetic oil from Amazon Basics. It is made at Warren Distribution in Omaha, Nebraska. Turns out that Warren makes full synthetic oils for numerous motor oil suppliers. Check out this test video and compare the results.

View attachment 238268 View attachment 238269

I hear you loud and clear, I've seen the test results, Amazon Basic is the real deal. It stands alone and can stack up with the best. If you are fresh to a new line of thought, then you won't disappointed.

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score

LOL- the test is interesting especially the "rat race" with the cold oil......

Warren Oil makes (i believe) the Walmart Super-Tech oil also....

Tim10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone using any of the Castrol full syn line? Any pros and cons?

For the last 6 years I was using Castrol syn oils, was good before I switched to Pennzoil , I Think engine runs smoother and MPG is better... Pennzoil is made from natural gas which is purer than oil made from crude oil

OP
OP
GranPrix

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm leaning towards Acdelco, I'm going to give it a try for the next two changes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts