Ipad mini install 2006 Chevy Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CheatCodeSlim

Reaction score
I wanted to go the typical route of a doule din in my dash but I just hated the idea of another big bulky box in the dash. So I searched aroynd and foynd alot of ppl who used an ipad or an ipad mini as their "entertainment center" so i looked into it. I saw a few guys going the route of fiberglass (which didn't interest me in the least), others basically molded it to the from of the dash bezel (hated how it looked and a couple even blocked the a.c. control module). I got tired of seeing those as the only options or the only way to do it, so I 3d printed my own along with an AC relocation bracket (all parts are available if anyone needs them). It does take some "Fab" knowledge and some wiring but I can't complain about the (almost) finished product. It also slides in and out and has a charging port that attatches to my headunit. ***The video is PRE AC control relocation bracket***

View attachment 344671View attachment 344672

View attachment 344670

Let,me know what you guys think

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good. I take it you couldn't locate a head unit with the USB connector in the rear?

OP
OP
C

CheatCodeSlim

Reaction score
Looks good. I take it you couldn't locate a head unit with the USB connector in the rear?
It's not going to run off of the radio, just the Bluetooth. I was just showing how it worked. It's a kenwood unit that's been perfect for a few years now

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to go the typical route of a doule din in my dash but I just hated the idea of another big bulky box in the dash. So I searched aroynd and foynd alot of ppl who used an ipad or an ipad mini as their "entertainment center" so i looked into it. I saw a few guys going the route of fiberglass (which didn't interest me in the least), others basically molded it to the from of the dash bezel (hated how it looked and a couple even blocked the a.c. control module). I got tired of seeing those as the only options or the only way to do it, so I 3d printed my own along with an AC relocation bracket (all parts are available if anyone needs them). It does take some "Fab" knowledge and some wiring but I can't complain about the (almost) finished product. It also slides in and out and has a charging port that attatches to my headunit. ***The video is PRE AC control relocation bracket***

View attachment 344671View attachment 344672

View attachment 344670

Let,me know what you guys think

This is super clean!! I wouldn't even need the extra single DIN radio since all I do is stream Spotify. Nice work

OP
OP
C

CheatCodeSlim

Reaction score
This is super clean!! I wouldn't even need the extra single DIN radio since all I do is stream Spotify. Nice work
I appreciate it. It took me a minute to get the dimensions right for the single din. The AC relocation bracket made it all flow together for me. I'm still working on some other ideas for earlier models though.

OP
OP
C

CheatCodeSlim

Reaction score
Not too long ago, my ipad mini 3 broke...

So I got a new one and had to redesign the dask kit. I have a couple different designs in the works. Hope you guys like it lol