Intermittent Radio On Start Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dancastro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quite a few of us have complained about the radio cutting out a couple times for a few seconds on start up.
Last month I had my '22 SLT in the dealership to have the mid seat rattle TSB taken care of and was told that GM was working on a fix for the radio.
Has anybody else heard about a fix for the radio?

Edlee321

Reaction score
We have been noticing this issue for at least 6 months now, the software on this truck is terrible, it was rushed from the beginning, the software on the rear entertainment is even worse. They crippled this car when they moved to Google Automotive OS.

Fpdawson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There's still no fix. Service advisor told me yesterday that GM Engineering is still trying to come up with a solution.

OP
OP
dancastro

dancastro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an appt. Fri to have the update installed. Apparently it cant be done OTA.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please report after you do. I’m hoping it also resolves the issue w/ Automatic HVAC blower speed

EDIT: I am an the dealer now, they are applying the update...will report what I find.
Ok, have only drivien it twice since the update, and it may be a while before I get some consistent drives in.

-Audio dropout seems to be gone.
-Wireless CarPlay not always syncing sitll there -- workaround is disconnect and reconnect via the infotainment unit (been doing this for a while now)
-Had audo not return after ending a CarPlay phone call..not sure if this was a fluke because I had previously been listening to Apple Music via CarPlay and went to XM. Need more time to see if this is a consistent bug or not.
Not sure about the HVAC blower slowdown after startup because vehicle was already warmed up and cabin at appropriate temp when I got in.

But, doesn't seem worse....

I still think there are bugs lurking in the Iinfotainment system...guessing there will be another update or two :D

OP
OP
dancastro

dancastro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, have only drivien it twice since the update, and it may be a while before I get some consistent drives in.

-Audio dropout seems to be gone.
-Wireless CarPlay not always syncing sitll there -- workaround is disconnect and reconnect via the infotainment unit (been doing this for a while now)
-Had audo not return after ending a CarPlay phone call..not sure if this was a fluke because I had previously been listening to Apple Music via CarPlay and went to XM. Need more time to see if this is a consistent bug or not.
Not sure about the HVAC blower slowdown after startup because vehicle was already warmed up and cabin at appropriate temp when I got in.

But, doesn't seem worse....

I still think there are bugs lurking in the Iinfotainment system...guessing there will be another update or two :D
I'll let you how mine goes!

JTGZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any updates from anyone who had this update done at the dealer? I have the audio cutting out at startup issue. When I'm due for my free first service, I was going to take in a print-out of that TSB and try to get them to do the update for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10